Monday, September 13, 2010

Projects

So, I had a lot of things I wanted to get done this summer: Mary Ella's baby book, get pictures organized and framed or in albums, clean out closets, finish up a few decorating ideas, etc. Well, I didn't get alot of "extras" done. I'm in a good routine of cooking, cleaning, and of course, taking care of the girl. But we spent a lot of time traveling this summer, and most of my free time at home was spent playing with Mary Ella. And I can't say that I regret that. I do however take advantage of getting some "extra" things done when Mia's in town. During football season I always display my Razorback platters and red and white plates in my kitchen. And I have wanted a Razorback wreath for the front door since I saw one at the old Ebeez in Fayetteville, so last week while my mom was in town I made one! I think it turned out pretty cute! The one I saw cost about $90 (why are wreaths always so expensive)? But I made this one for about $20.

It's simple, but fun I think! I'm not the craftiest person, and if it involves more than a hot glue gun count me out. But when I get an idea I love trying to put it together. So, I also decided to make a holder for Mary Ella's bows.

Before they were all piled in a basket

I glued some ribbon onto some letters from Hobby Lobby and hung it on the back of her closet door.

Very cute and cheap!

The finished product

Last week Brad was in Muskogee, so Mia came to stay for a few days. And while the cat's away, the mice will....shop!!! Ha! I had some birthday money to spend so we got out and had a good time. We had to make a stop at Orange Leaf yogurt for a yummy treat.

This is when it was all gone.

We had to show her the empty bucket.

We had to kill some time waiting on a rain shower to pass, so we let ME drive. :)

Beep beep!

No comments:

Post a Comment