Monday, September 6, 2010

Kickin it off

Woo Pig Sooie!

This weekend kicked off the 2010 college football season, and the Harriman family couldn't be more excited! We traveled to Fayetteville for the first Razorback game, and the Hogs did not disappoint. We left Little Rock Friday after Brad got off work and took an unexpected turn on the way to NWA. Brad asked me if I wanted to take the Pig Trail, a very windy and steep 2 lane road through the Ozark Mountains. I had never been before, so we decided to go for it. It was a beautiful drive, and I think Mary Ella even enjoyed it. She loved looking at the trees and even spotted the deer that crossed in front of us. We saw lots of deer on the sides of the road, but 2 doe and a baby crossed right in front of us before we got to Elkins. After that I started pointing out horses and cows, and she was really looking at them. She's been pointing and "ooh"ing in the car lately. She likes to point at cars and trucks that pass by and who knows what else. It is so cute. Anway, Friday night we made it to Gigi and Papa's in time for supper and some ooey gooey cake. Yum!
Saturday morning Brad and I slept in while Gigi and Papa spent some quality time with the girl (aka Brad takes her to them as soon as she wakes up and we stay in bed). Gotta love the grandparents! Ha! We got all dressed and ready for game day, and Brad and I spent a little time together out and about. We went to Bella Jack's, and I ordered a necklace I have been wanting with ME's name on it for my birthday. Then we did a little shopping at Mason's and went to the mall. We had lunch by ourselves at Guido's and then went back to the house to meet up with Ranjo. Julie and Mike have tickets beside us this year, but she was tied up with Trey's square dancing in Prairie Grove, so they offered Joe her ticket. When we got to the stadium Joe was so excited he went straight to his seat. Brad and I hit the tailgates! So fun! I love seeing the decorations and outfits and who you might run into. We spent some time with Ranjo and his people, and then we found Birch and Rebecca. Let me tell you, tailgating has come quite far since I started college in Fayetteville. Little Rock used to be the place for it, but really there is nothing like the atmosphere on the Hill on game day. I'll admit we have a ways to go to rival The Grove at Ole Miss, but we're getting there. And speaking of Ole Miss...well I won't even go there, but you know what I'm thinking. Ha! Anyway, we had a blast at the game, it was a blow-out, and we are so pumped about the rest of the season. Go Hogs!




My little piggy


Reese swinging with us on the porch.




Sunday we had lunch with the whole family at Marketplace after church, went home for naps, and then back to church. Sunday night Mike, Julie, the kids, Oma, and Opa came over and had dinner at Joe and Rita's. It was a great weekend for football and family!

We love our Hogs!



First game day 2010

First game day 2009
What a difference a year makes!

No comments:

Post a Comment