Thursday, September 9, 2010

Heavy Hearted

I like to keep my posts light-hearted and upbeat, and that's easy to do because I'm usually writing about our sweet life with Mary Ella. But life is life, and it's not always easy. And this is our life right now. Our family is dealing with two things that I would ask you to pray for if you read this and when you think of us. First of all, Brad's dad has recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer. Nobody likes to hear the "c" word, but we are hopeful it has been found early. Joe is such a positive person, I think he will be a trooper through the whole thing. I know he's scared, but I think he's looking at it as more of an inconvenience than a devestating diagnosis. He is more like Christ than any man I have ever known, so if any man has God on his side it's Joe. Secondly, we just found out Brad's grandfather has a tumor on his brain. Melvin has been so healthy and active for his age. He is selfless and always willing to help anybody. He is the jokester of the family, always poking the kiddos and making them laugh. We love him so much, and we are scared. We do not know what treatment Joe or Melvin will be receiving yet. Please pray for the doctors to give them the best possible advice and care for a full recovery. Please pray for God's hand to be on every aspect of this journey. Please specifically pray for Rita, as she is facing very serious illnesses in her husband and her daddy. Thank you so much!

1 comment:

  1. Jess, I am so sorry to hear this sad news. We will certainly be lifting Joe, Melvin, and Rita up in prayer. I dropped a little birthday happy in the mail for you yesterday. So, hopefully, it'll be in your hands soon. Hug the baby for me. Lots of love and prayers, AE

    ReplyDelete