Sunday, September 12, 2010

Louisiana-Monroe and the Big 3-0!

Mommy's little cheerleader
This weekend my mom, brother, and Jennifer came to Little Rock for the Hog game and, yes, my 30th birthday. Mia stayed with Mary Ella while Brad, Cole, Jenn, and I tailgated and went to the game. We got out on the golf course in time for lunch and had a great time with great friends! We tailgated with most of our Lifegroup- Coopers, Coyles, Bowmans, Ballards, and Warriors. We had burgers and dogs and lots of yummy chips and dips. I made corn dip and brought some "Hogs" cookies from Kris and Sam's. Yum! We had a nice set-up in the shade with two tvs, so we just kicked back until game time. We have tickets beside the Coopers, but traded so their boys could sit with them. Cole and Jenn bought tickets when we got to the game, and they got really lucky because they were in the shade the entire time. It was so hot on our side until the sun went down! It was not a pretty game, and we were definetely sweating it at halftime when we were only up on the Univeristy of Louisiana at MONROE by 7 points. But we did get the win, and Ryan Mallett did throw for 400 yards. I'm not quite sure how we only scored 31 points? Hope our offense gets it together before the Georgia game next week. I predict we will be 10-2 this season. I think our only losses will be Alabama and maybe Georgia. We'll see!
I have been waiting so long to see Mary Ella dressed up in her Razorback cheerleader uniform. She looks so stinkin cute!

Making her shoes squeak


Playing with Mommy's bracelet



Woo Pig Sooie!

ME loves her Super Uncle Cole and Jenn!

Big sis and little bro

Shake it Mary Ella!


Today I turned 30. Blah! I have been dreading that number. Not because I feel old, but because it sounds old. I feel like I'm still in my early 20's... don't laugh! I didn't say I LOOK like it, I just FEEL like it. Oh well! I truly can't complain. I feel more blessed at this time in my life than I ever have before. Thank you God for blessing me beyond measure. I honestly have everything I have ever wanted and more! This year I got to celebrate with my amazing hubby, beautifully sweet daughter, and a bonus- my mom and brother. I probably haven't spent my bday with both of them in the last 10 years! After church we had a yummy brunch at Ya Ya's- my favorite! They have a fun jazz band that plays and my loving brother requested that they sing happy birthday to me. They made me come up and stand as they sang. Not nice! However, I didn't mind the compliment from the sax player- he announced that I was turning 21. Ha!
Mary Ella ate from the time we got there until after Brad had taken care of the check. She ate and ate and ate! Can you tell she got syrup in her hair?


Getting a kiss from Daddy

Kissing Mommy

Love, love, love

Mia and ME

It was so fun to hang out with Cole and Jenn at the game and have everyone stick around for my bday. Brad and I are ending the day with cupcakes and the Cowboys. Maybe 30 isn't so bad!

1 comment:

  1. Happy, happy birthday. I FORGET how young you are! My baby sister has been 30 for four months. It's hard to believe you are younger. I treasure your advice and opinion like an older sister. You are wise beyond your years so it's easy to forget you are a mere babe! Hope your b-day happy arrives in LR soon. YaYa's is my fave in Kansas too. I took my mom there in July and she loved it. She's coming back here in just 2 1/2 weeks and I'm sure we'll go again. You look GREAT and I'm SO happy that you are SO happy. God is so good!

    ReplyDelete