Friday, September 24, 2010

First Ear Infection

Poor snotty girl
Today I took Mary Ella to see Dr. Ahart. She has had a runny nose for over a week. She has been cutting her molars, so I thought the snot and drool were justified. One molar has come through, but I feel the others under the skin too. She has also been waking up crying during the night- another side effect of teething...or so I thought. We have all had allergy/sinus stuff going on in our house, so I thought she might have some of that too. Well, she has only been getting worse and has gotten a yucky cough, so I thought it might be time to take her in. I totally thought Dr. Ahart would tell me to use a humidifier, saline drops, suction her nose, etc. I was already doing all those things, but I thought I would get her to go ahead and take a look at her ears too. And sure enough...one ear was infected and the other was on the way. She hasn't been tugging on her ears or anything! We came home and started her antibiotic after lunch. I feel like such a bad Mommy for not taking her sooner! And to add to my guilt, we're still planning on going to the game. Is that terrible?
Getting some business done while we wait

Taking an important call


I took these pictures before I knew the verdict. She has really been acting fine, but by the time we left she was MAD! We got her flu shot since we were already there. Poor baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment