Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Valentine's Day 2015

My friend Jennifer made their adorable Vday outfits.



And "I choo choo choose you" was a sweet handmedown from Miles.


Valentine party at school...she loved signing and decorating a Frozen valentine for each of her friends.  They came with plastic rings, and she carefully chose the one that would be just right for each of her buddies, and we taped it inside.

Valentine weekend Mommy and Daddy got away to Dallas.  Woo hoo!  Brad booked 3 nights at the Adolphus for us and arranged for our good friends from Kentucky, Scott and Kimberly, to fly in and meet us there.  We had dinner at The French Room Friday night.  Yum! Saturday morning I didn't want to be on a schedule because, sleep, duh.  I woke up, and it was dark in our hotel, and I was like dang it!  Why can't I sleep in when I have the chance?  So, I went back to sleep, and when I woke up it was still dark.  I was like are you kidding me?  It's still not daylight.  I got up to go to the bathroom and checked my phone for the time.  It was almost 11 oclock!  We had a window in our hotel room, but there was a brick wall blocking any light that could come in.  I was so thankful for the rest!  I called Kimberly and I was like, "Ummm...we just woke up.  How about lunch at the Cheesecake Factory?" ;)

After lunch we got pedicures ahhh!  And went shopping at Northpark while the boys watched some kind of war movie.

That night Scott made a reservation at a fancy and delish steakhouse. Our getaways are always about the food, obs.

They got to choose their own knives to cut their Wagu beef.  I had yummy lobster mac n cheese and a few bites of Brad's melt in your mouth steak.


Icy weather was in the forecast, so we headed home a day early, but not before we met our friends Jennifer and Will for Sunday brunch.  They live in NWA too, but he happened to be in Ft. Worth for a meeting.

Precious Anne Henley
The Friday we went out of town, I celebrated with the kiddos.  Rice Krispie treats for breakfast?  Why not!






Cupid made a little visit



The kids had a big weekend with Gigi and Papa complete with a Valentine party with all of the cousins!

No comments:

Post a Comment