Thursday, August 27, 2015

ABC Bible verses

 
I got this book for the kids for Christmas, and by the time we were done they had memorized 26 Bible verses, one for each letter of the alphabet.  (I memorized them too).  Who thought we (or I) could do that?  Well, you can!  Each letter had a verse and story to go with it.  The stories were about a brother and sister and situations they were in that allowed them to apply the verse.  It mentioned "hiding the scripture in your heart" alot, and I still say that to my kids when we need that reminder.  I started out hoping ME could do it, but I thought Rhett would just be along for the ride.  Boy was I wrong! The "H" verse is "Honor your father and mother."  And it is my favorite to hear him say, "Honah your fadur and mudur."  And they still remember them!  All we did was read the story, and repeat the verse over and over until they could recall it.  We didn't move on to the next letter until we had the previous one memorized.  Then, when we got the new one we would go back and say A, B, C, and so on as a reminder.  I was so proud of them!  I also got Angie Smith's For Such a Time as This to read with ME about the women of the Bible.  It's a little bit mature for her, so we're still working through it.  Next, I want to get the Courtney Defeo's ABC Bible verse cards.  That's actually what I was looking for on Amazon at Christmas when I ran across this book.  My only complaint would be the translation they chose for the verses.  We tweeked a few words here and there to make it more understandable, but the stories and application have been wonderful!


So after we made it to Z, we went to Maggie Moo's for and ice cream celebration party.  So proud of these 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment