Thursday, August 27, 2015

Color Run

Before
In May, ME and I did the color run at Shaw.  I'll be honest and say I haven't been consistently running since the Hogeye, but I was still in shape enough to do the 5K without dying.  I'm proud to say I was able to do it in under 10 minute miles.  Then I did the 1 mile fun run with her.  That consisted of her sprinting, and then walking, and then sprinting, and then walking.  But it was fun!  It was our first race together, and I hope it won't be our last.  It was all about the color anyway.
After

Boy was she proud of that medal.  She thought she won the race.  After my half marathon (it was on a Sunday morning, so I missed church), I met Brad and the kids at Chili's for lunch and wore my medal and gave it to her, because she wanted me to win it for her.  She thought I really won, but finishing was winning to me.  Also, the night before the Hogeye, ME had a bad dream and cried out in the night.  I went upstairs to check on her and she said, "I'm sorry I disturbed you before your big race."  Sweet, sweet sister.  I remembered this running down Gregg Street, and that gave me a little more pep in my step at just the right time.  Anyway...running stories...

Mike was a beast.  He pushed Gracie in the stroller for the 5K and then did the fun run with her.


ME got to do another color race to benefit our friend, Jennifer's, fundraising efforts for FCCLA.  She had a blast with Madison.

No comments:

Post a Comment