Friday, August 28, 2015

Big boy bed

First time to see his big boy bed all set up.  I think ME was just as excited as he was!
I have to say this conversion was way over due.  Besides the fact that he was so big he filled up his crib, he had been climbing out since January.  Now, I don't know why he didn't climb out when he started to walk because he could have.  It was a strangely low crib to begin with, but he never tried.  Until Gracie showed him how on New Year's Day.  The adults were hanging in the dining room after brunch, and it was strangely quiet for some time.  I enjoyed the conversation, but wondered what the kids were up to playing in Rhett's room.  That's what they were doing...climbing in and out of the bed.  It didn't scare me b/c it was so low, and hello, he was big and 3. But it was annoying because he wouldn't stay in his bed anymore.  More about that in the next post... Even with him being so big and so ready, it still wasn't easy for mama to see my last baby's crib come down.  Brad was using the tools, and I was assisting, and he was like, "Are you crying?"  Yes, ok!  If I think about my kids growing up for more than like 2 seconds it makes me weepy.  It was fun seeing his excitement about his big boy bed though!
First night...so proud




Night night

No comments:

Post a Comment