Monday, December 19, 2011

You Better Watch Out

I got this print at Mistletoe the night before Rhett was born. Ann Elise got one for Michael too. It will always be a little reminder of the events of that night and morning. I had to have it because I could just picture it in my house now and in 20 years when the kids are gone. I love it's vintage feel. So, without further ado, our 2011 pictures with Santa...well, after a little flashback...

Santa and ME
2009

2010

2010 (2nd attempt)- I had totally forgotten about this one before I looked it up on my blog. Classic!

Santa and Rhett
2011

Awww...and for some reason I thought it would be a good idea to pay a professional photographer $40 and then STILL wait in line at Sweet Dreams to have Santa pictures made with my kids. I guess I thought this Santa would be less "icky" for my 2 week old than the one that a million kids had sat on at the mall. It's the same photographer that did ME's Easter pics, and these would have been precious and worth the money, except...

What? I thought you loved Santa, Mary Ella?!?! She wouldn't even come close to sitting on his lap without harming him, so we tried the sneak approach...she was smarter than that!


Ugly cry face

She freaked! Totally wasn't expecting it...I don't know why after last year. Ha!

I guess this is the best one, if you can call it that! And then look what she went and did...

The Bass Pro Santa? You smile and sit with the Bass Pro Santa? Really??? Brad took her to Bass Pro one Saturday just to get her out of the house (and I'm sure to look at guns). But I totally laughed when he said they had a Santa, and he was taking her. I thought, "Good luck with that." Oh well, the ones above are pretty hilarious, and I'm sure they will only get better with age.

And when I went to pick up the Santa pics at Sweet Dreams, these were ready too.

Sweet, sweet. I have an imprint of ME's hand from last year and an ornament with her handprint from her first Christmas, but I can't find them since the move. :(

And this set is for his room...love imprints by Mitzi!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet ME! I have been laughing hysterically at those pictures and then the Bass Pro Santa. Of course she didn't cry! ha!

    Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete