Monday, December 5, 2011

4 Weeks

4 Weeks Old




I was taking pictures of Rhett in his crib, and look who went to her bathroom to get her stool so she could get in on the action. Jeanelle Caraway came over on Wednesday to take Rhett's newborn portraits, and Mary Ella had seen her do this!


She tries to be so helpful, but she is rough! I never thought of her as a wild kid, but I feel like I am constantly telling her not to do stuff for fear of her hurting him!

How cute are they?




Playing with her new tea set from Mrs. Susan. Everyone has been so thoughtful to bring her surprises along with gifts for Rhett!

Well, we survived our first week at home on our own! It went fairly smoothly, but I will say I was ready for the weekend and some extra help from Daddy! Two on one can be stressful! I kept thinking about what our friend, Bryan, told us after we had Rhett. He said, "Welcome to parenthood. You just thought you were parents before." He was cracking us up and scaring us at the same time. He said that when you have one, the worst case scenario is one on one defense, but when you have two, one on one is your best case. Worst case is you're out manned...that's how I felt at times this week! Ha! Not to mention both kiddos had had 3 weeks of spoiling by grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. But who am I kidding? I was spoiled too! This week there was no feeding and handing off the baby, or having ME entertained, or going back to bed during the day. I did manage to get myself and the kids bathed and dressed everyday (and fed). Daddy did the grocery shopping and pitched in around the house. And we were so thankful to have ladies from church bring us dinner!

We started exercise time on the play mat!


She is all about bringing baby Rhett toys and giving him his paci and covering him with a blanket. She basically has been all up in our business all week! She is usually great at entertaining herself and playing with toys and being content, but oh no, she is definitely seeking some extra attention. She has been feeling cruddy, so I took her to the doctor today, and she has a sinus infection. Maybe that's part of the reason she has been so clingy.



This was our first outing besides the doctor...we went to church Wednesday night!



Oh how I love these babies!




I'll save the details about Rhett until his one month post. Hopefully I won't get too behind!

No comments:

Post a Comment