Thursday, December 1, 2011

3 Weeks

3 Weeks Old



Daddy likes to brag about your wingspan and big feet!

Gigi, Papa, and Oma were here with us this week! As soon as my mom left, Brad started puking, so I was really glad his momma was on the way! They came Saturday and made it in time for the Mississippi State game. Sunday, Papa took ME to church and everybody else stayed home to take care of Rhett and the sick big boy. I was sooo scared the bug was going to go around, and I actually had fever one night. But, thankfully, it was contained.

Oma meeting Rhett for the first time.


How pretty is he?



Monday I took Rhett to his 2 week check-up. I have been concerned about his weight gain...especially with what happened with Mary Ella. I really want to be able to nurse him successfully, but I haven't been confident he is getting enough...he always seems hungry. So the doctor was pleased that he was up to 7 lbs. 15 oz. I think he should weigh 10 pounds as much as he is nursing, but I'm keeping going until I'm not happy with the weight gain. And then I'm done. But I did start taking Fenugreek, and Dr. Smith said drinking 2 light beers a day could help. He said it was very hydrating, and I guess the yeast helps too. I laughed and said I couldn't do it. Gross! I hate the smell of beer! But I got home, and told Rita what he said because I thought it was funny. The next thing I know, Joe, the elder, comes home from the store with a case of Bud Lite. Oh my! It is terrible, but pretty hilarious that I have a 2 year old and a newborn and am throwing back my very first beers. I'd say that's putting forth my best effort!

Wednesday we had LOTS of company show up! I talked everyone into coming here for Thanksgiving to meet Rhett. There was no way we could travel so soon, so I was so thankful everyone agreed to come. The first to arrive were Ranjo, Lindsay, Reese, and Eli.

Then came Hannah, Julie, Mike, Anna, and Trey.









Lastly, came Cole, Jenn, and my mom came back with them. So we had 19 people in our house from Wednesday to Sunday! Brad and I love National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and all day we joked about the part in the movie where the doorbell ding dongs low and all the company arrives. Cole equally appreciates the movie, so when he showed up I started throwing out quotes from that scene. One of them was the part about Clark's mom pointing out the mole on her neck. And sure enough, later that day, my mom asks Jenn, the nursing student, to take a look at a mole on her neck. Cole and I about died laughing. It was classic Linda...sorry, Mama.

So we had a very eventful few days. I'll post about Thanksgiving later.

Saturday we were SO excited about the big LSU game, but even ME and Rhett's cute matching "Woo Pig Sooie" outfits weren't enough to pull out a win.

Now we are #8. Still proud of our 10-2 season...how can you complain when you only lose to LSU and Bama... the #1 and #2 teams?

Mary Ella had SO much fun playing for days with her cousins! Gigi and Papa have a good-looking crew, don't they?



I CRIED when everyone left. Thank you, Joe and Rita, for all of your help! Now we are on our own!

No comments:

Post a Comment