Sunday, December 11, 2011

5 Weeks

5 Weeks Old



This week was easier than last week. We are getting into a better day and night time routine. But just when I think, "Okay, I've got this..." Rhett starts screaming, and Mary Ella says, "Mama, Mama, Mama" over and over until I want to scream. Ha! I took both kids to the doctor Monday (Rhett just for a weight check) and ME had a sinus infection. Yuck! Maybe that is part of the reason she has been so clingy and whiny. I can honestly say last week she was getting on.my.nerves. And that kid never gets on my nerves! But by Sunday night she was saying she WANTED to go to the doctor, so I knew she felt bad (or maybe she just wants out of the house that bad). She did so good for Dr. Smith that I had him check out her front teeth while we were there (That Monday morning she had fallen off the couch and hit her mouth on the coffee table. And, no, I'm not neglecting her now, I was right there. Could have happened any other time...I tried to check her teeth, but she wouldn't have it. I saw that they were all there and none were chipped, but her gums bled a little). Well, she let Dr. Fish (that's what it sounds like she calls him) check them out. He reached in there and wiggled her front, right tooth. What?!?! He said I needed to have her seen by a pediatric dentist. He could tell I was about to freak out so he said, "I'm sure it will probably tighten back up." Oh my! I got an appointment for the next day and fretted about it until then, especially when she kept saying "ow" when she was eating. And it didn't help that the receptionist at the dentist's office said they would take an x-ray and decide whether it needed to be pulled. Nooo! I could not picture her being snaggle-toothed until she was 7! But that voice inside my head kept telling me, "It's okay, Jessica. It is not life-threatening and could be alot worse. You need to be thankful she is and always has been healthy." Thank God for that voice, it keeps me grounded! Anyway, Tuesday I had Brad take off work and come with us in case the appointment was traumatic for her OR me. Well, she thought the dentist office was the best thing ever! They had toys in both waiting rooms and the Disney channel on tv...she didn't want to leave! She was making friends with all the ladies in the office, took the xray like a champ, and would have held her mouth open for hours for Dr. Waters. What? I can barely get her to let me brush her teeth at home! Thankfully, the xray showed no damage to the tooth or the root. We were just told to keep her on a soft diet for a few days and come back in a month to check it again. Yay! During the exam, she found a nasty molar poking through in the back, so I'm guessing that's another cause of the crankiness and probably led to her sinus infection. But, again, SO thankful it appears everything is going to be okay! So, that was our big excitement for the week! Rhett was just along for the ride!

This is how I do laundry.

One night after bathtime Daddy spiked my hair.

What do you think?


Sleeping like an angel

Is that a stretch or is he calling the Hogs?

Headed to storytime for the first time...ME was glad to be back. She danced all over the room shaking her jingle bells. Rhett must have been bored because he slept the entire time. :)

I'm glad you think so, Rhett.


One afternoon we drank chocolate milk and ate snowballs (marshmallows) and watched The Polar Express. ME is LOVING everything Christmas!

Already hitting his big sister in the face!

After we watched The Polar Express I gave ME a jingle bell to play with. She has been really good about not touching the trees and she definitely didn't get to help Mommy decorate. But she kept sneaking her bell up on the tree. So, I remembered some old ornaments in the garage, got them out, and let her decorate the back of the tree in our living room. Shhh...don't tell anyone there aren't any ornaments back there. We usually put it in a corner and don't have to worry about ornaments to go all the way around. But we don't have any corners in our living room, so when you walk through the gallery behind the fireplace and into our bedroom you see the back of the big empty tree. Well, ME took care of that, and it has provided hours of entertainment. And it's like a walk down memory lane for me because they are the ornaments that were on our tree when I was a kid. She has taken them off and put them back on a million times. I wish you could hear how she says "ornaments" and "decorate the Christmas tree." She also found a little box inside the big box and puts ornaments in it for "presents." She brings it to you and says, "I got a present for you. What do you want for Christmas?" And you have to say what is in the box..."Oh, thank you! I wanted a candy cane and a snowman." And then she takes it away and says, "Awww, you sad. You not be nice. You get no presents." There's a lot of talk about naughty and nice and Santa and presents around here. And yes, I am milking it for all it is worth! Thanks, Elf on the Shelf!

So proud of her decorating

Nothing sweeter than a sleeping baby

No comments:

Post a Comment