Thursday, December 1, 2011

First Thanksgiving with Rhett

So, all of my pumpkin and fall decorations were put away, and my table was already set for Christmas, so it didn't feel very Thanksgiving-ish. I considered just going ahead and using my Christmas china since it was out and we never get to use it, but I decided to use Mimi's china and silver instead.

I still thought my table turned out pretty.

We really used all of our seating. This is the table set in the kitchen.

The weather was so warm, almost hot. So the playhouse came in handy in entertaining the kids. The played outside alot...went to the park, went on walks with Papa, got in the hot tub!



The spread

I was the worst hostess ever! All I did was plan the menu and make the dressing. Gigi and Papa did the shopping, and Rita and my mom cooked most of the food. I just didn't have much time to do anything helpful! With the sleep deprivation and having to leave the room every 2 hours for 30 minutes to feed Rhett...I don't even feel like I finished a real conversation with anyone. I didn't get to cook breakfast or entertain, and I only fixed one supper. Thank you ladies for pitching in with the food and Gigi and Papa and Oma for cleaning my house and doing my laundry. I feel like a stupid mess, really. But our Thanksgiving feast was still fabulous! We had ham, chicken and dressing, peas, corn, green bean bundles, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potato casserole, cranberry sauce, and rolls.

And the desserts...Rita made chocolate chip pumpkin cake, pumpkin ooey gooey, and a pumpkin roll. Oma made lemon pies, and Jenn made a truffle cake.

And the kids' table

This Thanksgiving was one of many firsts...first Thanksgiving with Rhett, first Thanksgiving as a family of four, first Thanksgiving to host the Harrimans and Laws at the same time. It was crazy and fun all at the same time!


Trying to get a cute turkey picture

How sweet is he?



I found this cute turkey treat in a magazine, and the kids made these Thanksgiving night.




I don't know if there will ever be another reason for everyone to come to us for Thanksgiving, but I'm SO thankful that reason was Rhett this year! We love our little man so much! I can literally cry anytime I think about how much God has blessed me by giving me the husband and kids and family and friends and church and life that I have. And did I mention Jesus? I am most thankful for Him! I could go on and on! I hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving too!

1 comment:

  1. Mary Ella's playhouse looks like so much fun! And you look great. I'm sorry I've been such a bad friend and haven't come by to see you. I promise I will soon!

    ReplyDelete