Thursday, December 8, 2011

1 Month

I'm one month old!

Mommy, please don't take my paci to take my picture!




Rhett,
You are really starting to wake up! Mama has had some time to get you all figured out! And you are so sweet! You are starting to smile and try to talk to me (and sister). And sometimes I think you are trying to reach up and grab my face! I have also heard a few laughs in your sleep. We're not on a great schedule yet, but you definitely have bright-eyed and alert times in the morning and evenings. You eat every 2-3 hours during the day and 3-5 at night. You take a really good, long nap in the middle of the day (same time as ME, yay!). This is usually when we ALL rest. I know I need to put you down and get off my booty and do something, and I will, but not yet. You were fighting the swaddle at night, and we really didn't know what to do because it worked so well with your sister. We tried a sleep sack, but you startled too easily, and you have spent more than a few nights on the couch with Daddy when Mama HAD to get some sleep (you just love to be held and cuddled). But we kept at it, and you have finally surrendered to the swaddle. I wore you down! Ha! It's still tricky getting you to sleep sometimes, but you go down easy now after your feedings in the night. And you are growing so fast! 8 lbs. 6 oz. last week and 9 lbs. this week! I don't know what to do with your hair...it is crazy! But I think you are SO handsome, just like your daddy! Your eyes are a very unique color. They are very dark blue, but they almost look grey. I would almost call them a charcoal color. I wonder if they will stay this way or lighten up or turn green? You are starting to tolerate your bath (when Mommy does it, yes, I think you are already a Mama's boy!). But by the time we get to the lotion at the end you are DONE! Your cry is something else! When you get really mad and cry, I think you sound like a scalded cat. Think about that the next time you can't compose yourself! But as soon as I pick you up you stop, but you still make the sad face and sniffle to let me know how sad you were. You are the sweetest boy, and we couldn't be happier with you in our lives! Love you, Rhett!

No comments:

Post a Comment