Tuesday, August 17, 2010

First Birthday




On August 7th, 2009 we welcomed sweet Mary Ella. On August 7th, 2010 we celebrated her first birthday! We celebrated with family and pizza at Pinewood pool in Springdale. As you can tell, I went with a cupcake theme and had the best time planning and decorating. The cake came from Rick's Bakery in Fayetteville- only the best for Mary Ella!

Some ladies Brad works with gave ME this cake knife for her birthday. I thought it was the sweetest thing!

Birthday hat and smash cake

Saturday morning, Julie and Anna helped me get everything set up. Gigi helped me get the cake and balloons there before party time. And Jenn helped me make the birthday banner and the cupcake centerpieces. Thanks ladies!

Party hats and favors

One picture for every month

Anna, Trey, and Reese

Here comes the birthday girl! She was a little shy at first, but quickly warmed up to all the attention.


"Happy birthday to you!"


WARNING: Picture Overload!
Hmm...what's this?



I think I need my hat!

First bite is yummy!

Checking out the situation

Here's a sprinkle.

After looking up for some help, Uncle Leonard offers assistance.

Toes in cake

All I needed was a spoon!





Big bite!








Stopping for a fake cough

And she's off...

Wait a minute...there's still more cake!



Going back for seconds

Taking a little detour



Aunt Julie gives a hand.



Love this one!


Water break

What am I forgetting?

Oh yeah! Cake in the face!




Oops...I sat in my cake!

And she's done



I'd say that's a smashed cake!


Notice the trail

Getting hosed down by Daddy

Getting cleaned up by Mommy





Pool time!






Brady, Landon, Cade, Ranjo, Brad, ME, and Mike

Cole and Jenn

Colt and ME

Presents!

Trying on new bows from Aunt Nancy

Thanks everyone for the cute outfits and new toys!

Rocking in her new chair

She loves her new wagon from Mia.




I'm sure I was saying, "Sit down, Mary Ella."

We partied way past Mary Ella's bedtime. It was the best day, and I didn't want it to end! If there was a market for kid birthday planners, I think it might be my business. Ha! Mama, Cole, and Jenn spent the night at Joe and Rita's that night. We all went to church the next morning, and Mary Ella wore her birthday tutu. We had lunch at the Catfish Hole, visited Granny Dewey, and headed home with one tired little birthday princess. Happy 1st birthday Mary Ella!

No comments:

Post a Comment