Monday, August 2, 2010

46 Weeks

46 Weeks Old




Another week of summer fun! Tuesday we ordered pizza at the pool with Lindsay and Gunnar and Amanda and Ava. Amanda was just a few weeks away from her due date and decided to get some exercise by walking to the pool from Lindsay's house. On the way back we ran into the ice cream truck, we got the kids a treat, and ate it at the playground. Amanda made it back just fine, but I think it helped little Porter get ready to make his debut. She went into labor just a few days later and had him the same day as her sister had her baby. So neat! Wednesday Mary Ella and I went down to Hope to help finish putting up Nanny and Pa's corn. Wednesday night we got to go to church with Super Uncle Cole. He had been working long hours all summer, but somehow he managed to get off in time to see Mary Ella in the evenings. Thursday ME played at Nanny and Pa's house. They just love to watch her, and she loves entertaining them! We wanted to go for a ride on the Gator, but it was just too hot! We had dinner at Amigo Juan with Cole and Jenn that night. Friday Super Uncle Cole and Jenn babysat while Mama and I did a little shopping. Well, they stayed with her while she napped, and their only instructions were to give her a bottle and change her diaper when she got up. We were only going a few places. We picked pizza up and came home a couple hours later. ME had been fed, but she was sporting the hugest diaper I have ever seen. They said they didn't think she was wet because they didn't see the stripe (on her NB diapers there was a green or yellow stripe that would appear when she was wet). I told them that she hadn't had that kind since she was a newborn, and how could they miss the HUGE bulge? Ha! They're so silly! I think Cole just didn't want to do it...but I made him. It was just wet, and he barely breezed the wipe across her bottom. But he did it...his first diaper change. Saturday morning Brad came down to the deer lease, so he joined us for the rest of the weekend. We hung out at Nanny and Pa's and got to see my Aunt Myrtis and Uncle Sport and some cousins. Nanny also helped me make her famous chocolate pies because I can't seem to get them quite right on my own. I would love to have her in the kitchen with me every day. She is the best cook I know, and I really miss when she was able to cook for the whole family. Saturday night we all went over to Cole's new house for a fish fry, and Mary Ella got in the pool. Sunday we went to church in Patmos, had lunch at Amigo Juan with Jerry Don, Cathy, and Caleb, loaded up on fresh peas and corn, and headed back to Little Rock.

Mary Ella doing one of her fav things- take EVERYTHING out of the toy box.

And crawl in it!

Another favorite pastime- playing with Mommy's lip gloss. She had a fit when I took it away.

Swim buddies ME, Ava, and Gunnar

A popsicle for each hand


Yum! Yum!

We tried clipping hair bows in the hair this week. What do you think?


This is what I found in the backseat when we got to Nanny and Pa's house. Too funny!

Helping Nanny with the dishes

No comments:

Post a Comment