Friday, August 6, 2010

11 Months

I'm 11 months old!














Mary Ella,
You're little personality, or big personality, is really shining through. It's not hard to tell what you are thinking or feeling, and you are communicating in more ways all the time. You really take everything in and are imitating things you see me do. We love you so much, and can't believe you will soon be one! Here's what you've been up to:
  • You weigh approximately 24 pounds are are about 28 inches long.
  • You are doing much better with table food. Some of your favorite foods are: buttered cinnamon toast and berries for breakfast, turkey and cheese sandwich for lunch, Nanny and Pa's peas and corn for supper, and most of all bananas. Mia got you hooked on them while we were in Hot Springs, and you get so excited when you see one, hold one, or eat one. I will ask you if you want a banana and you look over on the plate stand in the kitchen where I keep them, point, and say "ooh, ooh." I go get one and you start kicking, throw your hands up, and squeal. I mean it is major excitement and so cute! You have loved everything sweet you have tried. If you really like it you say "Mmm" after a bite.
  • You sleep until 7 every morning and nap for about 3 hours during the day. It's usually a 2 hour nap in the morning and 1 hour in the afternoon, vice versa, or two 1 1/2 hour naps.
  • We have started limiting your paci usage to naps and night time unless we're in the car, and there's always one in the diaper bag of course. Anyway, when you wake up I have been throwing your paci in your crib and saying "Night night, paci." Well, now you can do it yourself. I say "Throw it away or night, night, paci," and you take it out and throw it in your crib. I say "Good job!" and you give me a high five! It's funny because sometimes you will act like you are going to throw it in, but then you put it back in your mouth for a few more sucks before you throw it in.
  • You want to know what EVERYTHING is. You empty your toy box or show me every stuffed animal in your crib. You hand it to me and wait to hear what it's name is.
  • You like for me to chase you when you're crawling. I say, "I'm gonna get you." You squeal and take off so fast.
  • You can stand with little support and are letting go more and more.
  • We are working on putting your hands up for calling the Hogs...football season is around the corner.
  • We are also working on body parts. You consistently know ears and nose. You love to honk my nose. I have seen you point to eyes, mouth, and feet, but not everytime.
  • You wave hello and goodbye to everyone, everywhere we go.
  • You love to give big kisses and preceed them with a big "Ahhh" and an open mouth. The other day you were sitting between us on the couch, and you would lean over and give Daddy a kiss, then kiss me, and back and forth.
  • You throw your hands up at the end of Pat-a-cake and clap for yourself anytime you do something good.
  • You love to play in my closet with my shoes. I have seen you try to put them on and try to put your own shoes on. You are going to be a shoe girl!
  • You are into hygiene and know what you do with each product. You try to brush your teeth with your toothbrush (and my toothbrush.) You try to brush your hair with your hairbrush (and my hairbrush). You try to wash your face and belly with a washcloth or anything that looks like one.
  • And the cutest thing you imitate is talking on the phone. When we were at Mia's house she let you play with one of her old cell phones. You put it up to your ear, raised your shoulder, cocked your head to the side, and said, "Hi!" Or it's more like "ha" or "ah." But it's definetely talking on the phone. You perk up when you hear the phone ring and are constantly trying to get your hands on my iphone. I ask you "Who's there?" or "Hello?" and you put anything you can find up to your ear and say, "Hi!" like it's a phone.
  • You really enjoy climbing! You spend lots of time climbing in and out of your Pottery Barn chair and jumping out! Yikes! I have to make sure I am right there to catch you! You try to climb the stairs, but I say "no, no" and you stop. But while we were at Gigi and Papa's, Papa let you climb all the way to the TOP of the stairs! I was upstairs getting ready and was amazed to see you all of a sudden. He was right behind you of course, but wow! I guess he just couldn't say no!

You amaze us everyday, and we love you so much sweet, girl! Happy 11 months!


1 comment:

  1. I love that you say "night-night" to the paci. I'll have to try that with Luke because we have a SERIOUS addiction!

    ReplyDelete