Monday, August 2, 2010

44 Weeks

44 Weeks Old





This week we had lots of visitors- all on the same night! Tuesday night my cousins Jerry Don, Cathy, and Caleb stayed with us on their way to Orlando and Disneyworld. ME and I took them to the airport Wednesday morning. Our friends from Springdale, Jesse, Sarah, Caleb, and Evan also stayed with us Tuesday night because baby Evan had a doctor's appointment at Children's Wednesday. It was fun to visit with everyone even though it was a little crazy with everyone in the house at one time. Thankfully, baby E got a good report and the Rogers had a blast at Disney. This week was also VBS at our church, and we helped with one of the rotations Wednesday night. It was an awesome VBS about Elijah, and I can't wait for ME to be old enough to participate. I'm pretty sure she enjoyed just being in the nursery the one night we worked. Thursday my mom came up to play and get ready to babysit ME for the weekend. It would be our first night, or two actually, away from her. Friday I got my hair done, and I LOVE my new girl from church. She did a fabulous job, and it totally got me in the mood for a weekend of pampering. I got everything packed and left Mama with a loose schedule of ME's day. Really as long as she was alive and happy when I got back, I didn't really care what they did. I knew she would be taken care of, but it was still super hard to leave her for the first time. Brad took off at lunchtime, and we headed to Hot Springs for our anniversary weekend. Friday afternoon we arrived at the Hilltop Manor Bed and Breakfast and settled into our comfy room. We are big fans of cute little bed and breakfasts, and this one did not disappoint. Friday night we had a not so great dinner at Cajun Boilers, but made up for it back at the room with a bottle of champagne and America's Funniest Home Videos. I know it sounds SOOO romantic, but it was all that was on tv. It was hilarious, and I just want to remember it. We laughed so hard and probably went to bed early. We are so old, but I guess it is our 7th anniversary! It was great to sleep in the next morning- we picked the latest breakfast possible. We had yummy spinach, egg, and bacon casserole, waffles, pineapple cobbler, and biscotti. Yum! That morning Brad had scheduled a couples' massage at a local spa. It was Brad's first, and I think he was a little nervous. On the way he said he wasn't going to let a man touch him. Well, we walked in and saw 2 girls, but one was a little on the manly side. And sure enough, that's who he got. It was so funny! They took us back to a room, and told us to undress to what was comfortable. I told Brad to keep his panties on! Ha! Anyway, the massages were wonderful! And Brad really enjoyed it! He said his girl really worked him over though! I guess the butch girl was pretty rough! Ha! We were pretty much worthless for the rest of the day, but that's really all I wanted to do, rest and relax. We tried to walk around downtown, went in a few shops, toured an old bath house, ate burgers and dogs at Bubbalous, but it was so hot! We had a reservation for dinner, so we went back to our room to cool down and rest before getting ready for dinner. We got dressed up and ate at Central Park. We had an excellent brie pasty with pesto, candied walnuts, and sundried tomatoes for an appetizer. Then for dinner Brad had the East meets West sirloin, and I had filet with a Boursin sauce. It was yummy! Sunday was my favorite breakfast- creme brulee French toast! So need to learn how to make that! Can you tell our anniversaries are all about the food? Ha! We have had some interesting ones. Here's the run-down:
1st: We spent our first anniversary in DC. Anna Claire was born two days before, the morning right before we left for a week. We almost missed it! We celebrated at a restaurant in Georgetown.
2nd: We spent the day watching our house being packed up by movers, and spent the night at Julie and Mike's house because our bed was already loaded. I think we went out to eat at Abuelo's, but we were exhausted. We left the next morning on our move to Madison, Mississippi.
3rd: Brad had a meeting in Dallas, and we stayed at The Adolphus Hotel downtown and fell in love with it! A tradition was born: eating at The French Room, a 5 star restaurant at the hotel.
4th: Brad had his annual meeting in Dallas, but we stayed in a different hotel. He booked extra nights at The Adolphus, and we ate at The French Room.
5th: Repeat of anniversaries 3 and 4.
6th: Didn't really do anything. We had just moved to Little Rock, were living in a one bedroom apartment, and Brad was probably working late. Yuck!
7th: Hot Springs
Happy Anniversary to my best friend and the love of my life! I love you Bradley Joe!
Mary Ella's first encounter with the ice cream truck. We had been in the pool in the backyard with Mia when we heard the jingle. As you can tell, ME wasn't shy about it. It was the perfect way to end the day!

I like it!



Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment