Friday, August 6, 2010

48 Weeks

48 Weeks Old

This week Mommy was busy, busy, busy. I hosted a triple baby shower for 3 friends from church Thursday night at our house. We got back from Springdale late Monday night, so I only had Tuesday and Wednesday to get ready! Lindsay helped me a TON! Tuesday she brought Gunnar over to play with Mary Ella, and she did all the grocery shopping for the food. When she showed up at my door she had a walker for ME to try out. I haven't read great things about kids using them, so I wasn't planning on getting her one. BUT it was very handy while I had so much to do, and she LOVED it. At first she got frustrated because she would get stuck and couldn't turn around. But soon she figured it out, and she took off! She practically runs in it, and circles through the kitchen, dining room, and living room. I gave her a spatula and some measuring spoons and she was perfectly content. I was able to get everything clean and ready, and Thursday all I had to do was put the food together. I made chicken salad on croissants and bagels, open-faced tomato sandwiches, and cucumber sandwiches. Lindsay made dips, fruit salad, vegetables and chocolate covered strawberries. I made my favorite punch, and we ordered chocolate cupcakes with pink fondant dots and white cupcakes with blue fondant dots (they were expecting 2 boys and 1 girl). Everything came together nicely, and we had a great turn-out. I was so happy to play hostess, because one thing I love is throwing a good party. This was the first big event we've had at our new house- having a baby slows you down from volunteering your home and time just a bit. :) I think ME was glad to have my full attention after it was all over- at one point on Thursday while I was in the kitchen she was walking around in her walker saying "Mama" and pulling on my skirt! Ha! I didn't know it was time for all that yet! Friday we had lunch with Daddy because he was leaving the next day for Orlando. After lunch we ran some birthday errands for ME's party. This first birthday has really snuck up on me! I ordered a tutu set on Etsy a couple weeks ago, but that was about it. It came in Tuesday, I took pictures of her, and ordered invitations from Tiny Prints Wednesday. I thought I better get the ball rolling! Anyway, Friday we did some browsing at Hobby Lobby, The Gold Crown Shop, Stitchin Post, and Party City. We found a birthday hat and bloomers and a bib to have monogrammed. Kelly had to move up her 12 month pics, so I was cutting it close getting everything ready! Saturday Brad had to be at the airport early, so we got up and got ready to go to Mia's (we haven't stayed by ourselves yet- I'm a little chicken.) We were planning on going to Orlando with him, but he was going to have long days in meetings so we decided to wait and go to Florida on a real vacation in a few weeks. Yay!

The guests of honor, Jeni, Jill, and Dennia

No comments:

Post a Comment