Monday, August 9, 2010

52 Weeks

52 Weeks Old

Ruffled booty


This photo session is over!

I mean over!
I cannot believe it's Mary Ella's birthday week! Where has the time gone? This week we were at home getting last minute details ready for ME's party. I think I have told you I decided on a cupcake theme once I found her bday outfit and invitation. I also ordered the cutest cupcake cake at Rick's Bakery when we were in Fayetteville. I just needed to finalize decorations and get everything packed and ready to go. Wednesday night we invited our Lifegroup to celebrate Mary Ella's birthday at the playground. It was so hot, but I think everyone had fun. As I was icing cupcakes for the occassion in the kitchen, I looked over and Mary Ella was standing up all by herself. I clapped and said, "Yay Mary Ella!" She plopped down on her booty and started clapping for herself. I watched her squat with one hand on the ground and stand up over and over. She would wobble, wait for me to clap, sit down and clap for herself, and do it all over again! I am so proud of that girl! My mom and Jennifer came up Wednesday night and stayed until party time. Jenn and I got to get out and spend some time together Thursday while Mama stayed with ME. We did some birthday stuff but also shopped for ourselves. We found the best new accessory store, Charming Charlie. Jenn found a new purse, and I got a new pair of sunglasses (my favorite Ann Taylor's finally bit the dust, courtesy of ME). We had lunch at Panera and tried some Orange Leaf yogurt. It was sooo good! I bought Mary Ella a white dress from Strasburg that I've always wanted for beach pics, and I found a cute growth chart. Friday we hung out until we met Daddy after work to head to Springdale for the birthday weekend...so many pics to follow!
Wednesday night birthday celebration with Lifegroup friends


Reid and Cade

Brock

Gunnar, the Melsons were honorary Lifegroup members for the night

Parker and Caroline

Sweet Lydia

Levi was too cool for the camera

"Happy birthday to you!"

She was more interested in the kiddos running around than her cupcake.

Daddy offers some help.



Trying to show off her new trick


I love her sweet little profile!

This is her "ooh" face.


Ridin' with Gunnar


Ridin' with Daddy

Thor and Gunnar


I thought she would love climbing the stairs on the equipment, but she was reluctant. I guess I have told her "no" so many times on stairs, she just didn't think it would be right. She just kept looking up at me, like are you sure, Mommy?

Mary Ella and Ridge

We got ME a new seat this week, so she can face forward. Daddy let her try it out at home before he put it in the car. She thought she was hot stuff!

We let her ride in it Friday, one day before her birthday. We are such rebels! Ha!

The squat
This was at Gigi and Papa's house the morning of her birthday. Gigi made yummy French toast, and ME decided to show everyone how she can stand up.

Booty up

Um, do we have a future lineman? She cracks me up!

Almost there!
Yay Mary Ella!

No comments:

Post a Comment