Sunday, January 15, 2012

Cole and Jenn got hitched!


Cole and Jennifer were married on January 7th at Ramage Farms in Hooks, Texas. Ramage Farms is basically an open barn that hosts weddings/receptions. I had only been to one other wedding there, and I'm pretty sure it was in the spring or summer. So, I was wondering how it would be in the winter. I had a fur coat to put on ME after she walked down the aisle, but as you can see from the above picture she didn't even need a coat for the rehearsal dinner the night before. The weather was beautiful! They were prepared with heaters and could have closed the sides, but it was so warm and sunny there was no need for it.
Nick and Jenn at rehearsal...after a few times through with practicing the preacher said he was glad to see that she wasn't holding to the superstition of having someone stand in for the bride during rehearsal (they had been practicing kissing and everything)! Jenn's face turned red and she looked a little scared. She didn't even know about it! I love her sweet and innocent personality!
He doesn't look like he's having any second thoughts. ;)
Rhett was a sweet boy during the rehearsal. I enjoyed visiting with Cole's groomsmen, Ryan and Chase, and their families. ME loved playing with Ryan's boys, Cason and Cale.
His first Polo by the way. Thanks Gigi and Papa!
And finally, the big day arrived! We had been practicing all week with her flower girl bucket and fake petals at Mia's house. We practiced walking slow, throwing the petals gently on the ground, all the way to Super Uncle Cole. We told her to give him a kiss when she got there to "up" the cute factor. Funny story: Probably a year ago while we were visiting my mom, ME was having breakfast at the table and Molly ate her toast. Now, Molly is usually a good dog and simply waits for you to drop something, but I guess ME dangled her toast a little too close to her nose and she reached up and bit it. At the time, ME got upset, but afterward she laughed about Molly eating her toast and has remembered it since. Like every time we talk about Molly and every time we visit my mom. How does that relate to the wedding? Well, as we practiced at Mama's house she would FREAK out if Molly got anywhere close when her petals were on the ground. She was afraid Molly was going to eat them! I promise ME and Molly are usually BFF, but she took her flower girl job sooo seriously, and she really didn't want Molly messing it up. It was hilarious! Molly wasn't a bit interested in what she was doing, but she would take off running and saying, "No, no, no, Molly," when her petals were out. Ha! Anyway, my girl did beautifully at the rehearsal, but I was still a bit worried how she would do in front of everyone...
She thought Jenn was the most beautiful princess, and she was! Absolutely gorgeous!
Everything was perfect!
And Cole made a very handsome groom!

Awww...
Mrs. Lisa was in charge!
Love these boys!
While we were waiting to take pictures I caught ME with a cookie from Cole's groom's table (and I wished I had taken a picture of his airplane cookies I ordered...they were decorated to look like crop dusters and were so cute)! Anyway, I wouldn't have put it past her taking it on her own, but Mrs. Donna said she let her have one. She REALLY wanted to stick her little fingers in that cake, especially after she got to taste the icing from the decorator. And you better believe we were bribing her with cake, cookies, snacks, gifts, whatever it took for her to do her job!
Cutie!
She loves them, and they LOVE her!
Love the TOMS, love the boots!
Hooks, Texas, y'all!
Bridal party portraits...their photographer was FANTASTIC! He had pictures of THE day scrolling on a big computer screen during the reception. And Ramage Farms had so many cool backdrops! You can like P.S. Photography's page on Facebook to see some.
L.O.V.E
And the flower girl got a special surprise...Gigi, Papa, Juju, Anna, and Hannah came to see her perform, I mean see Cole get married!
I love this picture! I may be a tad partial, but I thought she was the most beautiful flower girl ever!
This would be Jenn and ME watching Cinderella upstairs just minutes before the wedding began. Jennifer walked down the aisle, married my brother and became my sister-in-law, and Mary Ella walked down the aisle, threw her petals and ran in to the arms of her Super Uncle Cole, and gave him the sweetest kiss (other than that one he got from his bride). I was the proudest Mommy in the world! Not to mention, I got to show off our newest addition to lots of old friends and family!
These 4 boys are all grown up now, but I remember when they used to play t-ball and drive me crazy at sleepovers. ;)
Rhett and his proud Daddy
And I got to see one of my good friends from high school, Michael, and his family! He has 3 beautiful girls, and the youngest, Brynnlee, was born on the same day as Rhett!

So glad I got this picture!

By this time ME was running around like a wild woman. She was playing outside in the grass and rocks, and she really got excited about throwing the bird seed and picking it up and throwing it over and over again. Her dress was filthy by the end of the day. The girl may think she's a princess, but she sure knows how to get dirty too!


Another good friend from high school, Steven, holding Rhett. He just happened to marry my best friend, Michelle, which was so weird at first because we were all such good friends. But, it's totally normal now. They are perfect for each other, actually!
And now they are expecting Brady James! He will be about 4 months younger than Rhett. Love y'all both and can't wait to meet that sweet boy!
And after this I put my camera down and didn't pick it back up. There's a fine line between being the crazy lady with the camera trying to capture memories and actually making them. I so enjoyed seeing so many old friends from Maud and family that I hadn't seen in ages. It was such a fun and special day. Congratulations Cole and Jenn! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment