Friday, January 13, 2012

8 Weeks

8 Weeks Old


Napping in his crib for the first time. I was busy packing for our next trip, and I needed free hands. So, I thought I'd just lay him in there on his tummy and see what happened . He didn't fuss so I stayed in his room and packed his clothes. When I peeked in at him he was asleep. A baby that goes to sleep on his own without a fuss or rocking? Glorious! ME was a good sleeper, but it was never this easy at this age.

How sweet is he? He is getting so long!

So, this week was the week after Christmas, and I obviously didn't take many pictures. ME played with her castle and pooter (computer) for most of the week...we got her a leaptop. I tried to recover from the Christmas weekend, and reload for round two. The biggest news of the week was that we switched Rhett to formula. The Wednesday before Christmas he weighed 10 pounds 2 ounces. That's about where I got ME before she stopped gaining, so I knew it was make or break time. He was still wanting to eat every 2-3 hours, so I was wondering if he was getting enough. And sure enough the Wednesday after Christmas he weighed 10 pounds 6 ounces...only 4 ounces in a week. I was finished worrying with it. I hate to spend so much on formula over the next year, but really when you take into account everything I was doing to breastfeed...vitamins, iron pills, herbs, tea, pads, creams, BEER... Anyway, it was almost a relief. I was exhausted, and now I can share the job. Actually the night before we had him weighed I got up to feed him and as I was changing his diaper I almost passed out. So, the following 2 nights Brad let me sleep upstairs, and I got to sleep through the night for the first time in 8 weeks. Then it was time to head to Hope for our 5th Christmas, New Year's, and Cole and Jenn's wedding week!

No comments:

Post a Comment