Tuesday, January 17, 2012

2 Months

I'm 2 months old!

I want to get a monthly picture of Rhett beside his name in his crib, and last month it was impossible to sit him up. This time he has more head control and didn't immediately topple over, so I tried some different positions.
Propped up on the bunny

In the corner

About to go...

I think Rhett looks like my Mimi in this picture. I know everyone thinks he looks just like his Daddy, but he definitely has some Law/Cole in him too.


Rhett,
You are the sweetest boy, and you are growing way too fast! We love and enjoy you more every day! Here is what you have been up to:
  • You weighed 12 pounds 5 ounces the last time we had you weighed. You wear a size 1 diaper and are filling out your 3 month clothes. You could really use 6 month in the length. You have a long body for sure!
  • You are eating 5 ounces every 3-4 hours and only wake up once during the night to eat.
  • You take 2 good naps in your crib each day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. In the evenings you get a little fussy and want to be held and eat more often. We still swaddle you at night, but let you nap on your tummy during the day.
  • When you wake up you like to eat and play. You LOVE to kick and move around on your playmat. It took me a while to realize that sometimes when you fuss you just want to be put down so you can stretch out and exercise. This makes me a little sad because it means you're growing up and I want you to be a lovey dovey Mommy's boy, but it does help to have free hands every now and then!
  • You do still like to snuggle and sleep on Mommy when the time comes. Sometimes when you are laying on my chest and I think you are asleep, I look down and your eyes are open and you are just laying there. Usually grasping my shirt or hair. You paw and grab like a little kitty cat when you eat or when you are putting yourself to sleep. I think it is self-soothing. You may get attached to your blanket because a lot of times you fall asleep rubbing and holding onto its edge.
  • When you are on your play mat you can not only reach up and bat the toys, you can grab them too! I think you could get one to your mouth if they weren't attached.
  • When you're on your mat is when we do tummy time. You don't like this, but you are doing a good job of lifting your head straight up.
  • You love to sit up and look around like a big boy!
  • You're pretty easy to read. It's easy to tell what you want when you cry. You're either hungry, sleepy, gassy, or want to stretch out.
  • I'm sorry to say you have grown man gas. Any time anyone holds you they think you have a dirty diaper it stinks so bad. I guess it's just one of the drawbacks of formula.
  • You and I love our "talk" time. You make goo goo eyes at me and smile and talk back. You can say "goo" and "gah" and "guh" and "ooh" and "ahh." Your cooing is very gurgly too. It's so cute! Once I was moving my tongue and making a sound, and you tried to do it too! Your eyes get so big watching my face and mouth.
  • You are enjoying games like peekaboo and are beginning to anticipate what's coming next, like when I tickle and kiss you over and over. You will open your mouth when Mommy kisses you!
  • You have reached for my mouth and cheeks to pull me down to you, but your favorite thing is to grab my hair and pull me to your face.
  • I can finally sing to you and rock you without crying. I know that sounds crazy, but for atleast a month I could not sing to you or Mary Ella without losing it like a big baby. I guess it's my reaction to a mixture of thankfulness, overwhelming joy, sharing my time between 2 babies, hormones, and sleep deprivation. Right now I'm stuck on "So this is love" from Cinderella (we have watched that one quite a few times since Santa brought it for Christmas). My favorite line to sing to you is, "so this is the miracle that I've been dreaming of...so this is love." Yes, that miracle is you!
  • I thought you might be a kid that always protested baths and diaper changes, but we get through them now without a fuss. You don't like to be messed with too much though.
  • Your hair is going to give me gray hair! It is always a mess, and I am constantly combing and smoothing and trying to get it to lay right, but I don't think it is going to have any natural way to go. I know when we go out that people are going to think I didn't even try to fix it. Oh well! It is definitely something that gets you noticed right away. ;) And it is all different colors like your daddy's: black, brown, orange, red, purple...it just depends on the light.
  • You are starting to watch your sister more. She can calm you sometimes when you're crying. We are 3 peas in a pod! We do everything together when you are awake...play, eat, sing, dance, read books. I don't know what I expected 2 kids to be like, but it is TOUGH sometimes! I cannot believe how much easier it is now compared to just 2 months ago...probably because I'm getting some sleep! I love you at 3 am, but I think I love you even more during daytime hours. ;) I am so thankful that in the past couple weeks we have gotten on a pretty good schedule and that makes things easier and much more enjoyable.
  • I cannot wait to see what this month brings. You amaze me every day, and I love you so much!
Flashback
11-4-11

12-4-11

1-4-12


This is a little video of Rhett talking. I never can get it when he's really going, but here is a small dose of the sweetness!

No comments:

Post a Comment