Sunday, January 22, 2012

11 Weeks

11 Weeks Old




Hello, Mommy!

Finally up to date on the blog! This week really felt like I got my groove back. My house is not spotless and I don't cook every night, but I am feeling much more rested, together, and less overwhelmed. I think I might even try to get back to the gym in Rhett's 12th week. Just throwing it out there, so maybe I'll really do it! Brad is wanting to eat healthier too, so maybe we'll be turning over a new leaf in the Harriman house. Above is a not so healthy, but yummy, recipe I tried this week. It was on the cover of the January Southern Living...King Ranch Chicken Mac n Cheese...mmm! Doesn't anything cooked in a cast iron skillet just seem more down home delicious?

Wednesday we met the Carters for lunch at Sweet Peppers and then did some browsing at Lemon Meringue and Learning Express. It was good to get out of the house and (try) to have some adult conversation. Mary Ella and Rhett enjoyed it too! She was really excited to see Jack and Emma after so long! She picked out the shirt she wanted to wear, and I thought she looked so cute so I had to snap a picture. I wish I had one of Emma and her holding hands and walking around Renaissance! We also had dinner one night with Birch at Soulshine. The waitress gave ME some paper and highlighters, and that girl went to work. She pretended to take down our orders! ;)

Okay, here is my little Cinderella in action. One day she told Brad and me that she was going to run away. I wondered where in the world she got that. And I probably would have been alarmed, but we were in the car so she couldn't really go anywhere. So, I forgot about it. Then this week I was cooking the mac n cheese, and it took a little time. I had Rhett in the bouncy seat on the counter, and ME tugging on my shirt tail. When I wouldn't stop to do what she wanted she said, "You make me sad. I run away." I said, "Where are you going to go?" She said, "I'm going to the garden." And she took off running and huffing and puffing and threw herself onto the windowsill in the dining room and pretended to cry. Then it clicked and I about died laughing. She was acting out when Cinderella runs out to the garden and cries after the stepsisters tear her gown and right before her fairy godmother appears. Oh my! She is a mess! I might be worried if she was serious and not just acting out something she had seen. I really hope she is NOT going to be a drama queen, but sometimes I wonder. I strongly dislike that quality in girls of any age. That's probably why I had more guy friends growing up than girls, and probably why I would rather have a classroom of rowdy boys than catty girls. And honestly, I can't stand when I see little girls wearing shirts that say, "Drama Queen" and things like that. Why would parents encourage that kind of behavior? I don't think it's cute at all! But maybe I just have a thing about those tacky tshirts. I didn't appreciate "My dog ate my homework" shirts when I was teaching either. ANYWAY, maybe this just means my baby will get the lead roll in the school play and not that I have to fear the teenage years!

Bath time with bubbles!

Looking at sister

Twirling in her princess ballerina outfit that Mia gave her for doing her job in Super Uncle Cole's wedding

And wearing her ballerina slippers we got her for Christmas

Think she is going to be a performer? I can hardly keep her from twirling and dancing in church while we sing. Ha! I cannot wait to get her in dance class!


Dancing with Rhett's monkey

4 golden rings!

Look at those lashes! We love our all star outfit from Mrs. Brenda!

This picture cracks me up! How fat is he getting?

Look at him trying to get up! I cannot believe how much Rhett is changing! He had a big week! He laughed out loud twice. Once at the ceiling fan, and once while watching Cinderella. I have gotten a chuckle or two, but not a full out laugh. He is talking up a storm to his mommy though! And tummy time is improving. He can lift his head and shoulders. He also started getting toys to his mouth. He especially loves to chew on his big fluffy football with the taggies. He really woke up during church this week, and I think he enjoys the singing. He watched me sing and just smiled and smiled. I guess he thought I was singing to him because he started gooing and cooing back at me LOUDLY! Thankfully, he quieted down when we stopped singing!

I told Brad he looks up at this football and tries to reach it, and here is proof. He is so happy kicking around on his playmat. ME never used that thing much, but Rhett loves it. Really, he just loves to be free to move. That boy is going to be strong and active! He loves to stand up and put weight on his feet. With my support he does deep knee bends. It is funny!

This is what ME does when she has something she's not supposed to. It is very obvious. She runs, puts it behind her back, and giggles.

It's lip gloss! Mia filled her Christmas stocking with all kinds of goodies that require adult supervision- makeup, fingernail polish, bath paint, ink pens. Thanks Mia, that's just what we needed! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment