Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Rhett's Nursery

Come on in...



Thanks to Gigi and Papa for the crib and Mia for the bedding! I love the way it all came together! And thanks to Oma for the rug!

This little blue bunny is a paci holder! :)

We borrowed the rocker from Julie and Mike. Brad painted the chest and bedside table. Mia got the rocking horse to keep at her house for ME, but I stole it for Rhett's room. ;) Believe me, she is enjoying it here too!

Gigi got Rhett this frame in Madison at Simply Spaces. I added his name.

This is the canvas for his birth stats. We will hang it on the hospital door, and then it will hang here. Thanks to Papa for painting the Razorback gown. Love it! I did the lettering and trim.

Mia also had this dresser for a changing table. It is an antique!

Okay, I know you can't miss my big belly, but can you tell I have a new camera? I was planning on ordering one after I got some more money at Christmas. I was going to get one exactly like my friend, Rachel's, because I know she put lots of research into choosing the right one. And I'm too lazy and technologically clueless to do that. So, when she told me she was considering selling hers and upgrading to one that takes video, I was thrilled! It is only a year old, and plenty fancy enough for lil' ol' me. Haven't gotten passed the auto setting, but hopefully I'll have time to play with it before Rhett gets here. And now I can use Christmas money for a better lens. I think the difference will be huge!

This built-in was already in the room, and it's why we chose to mix white and dark furniture. I don't know what is up with the shadows...apparently I cast a large one!


I made or re-used all of the frames. Actually, I already had quite a few things I used in his room...furniture, a lamp, baskets, pillows, books, toys. We did have to order curtains from PBKids.

Found this cute lamp at Tarjay...love the burlap shade!

I painted this canvas like the one in Mary Ella's room that my friend, Ann Elise, did. Mine is a sad copycat version of hers, but I still thought it turned out cute.

Into the bathroom...

Didn't change anything. His closet is inside to the left.


I monogrammed and rigged a swatch from his bedding for a button on this pillow I already had.

Rhett's bag is packed!

ME enjoying a late night ride in her princess gown.


Like father, like daughter

And here are some new pics of ME's big girl room...can't leave her out!

So blessed to have 2 babies to live and love in these rooms!

No comments:

Post a Comment