Saturday, October 1, 2011

October Weekend

I cannot believe it is October, and then comes November and Rhett! Time is flying, and it finally feels like fall. We had beautiful weather here and enjoyed every minute of it! Friday night we took Mary Ella to see The Lion King in 3D. We had to choose a quick place to eat to make it to the movie in time, so we went to Backyard Burger. As you can see, ME really enjoyed her cheeseburger!

I was pretty nervous about the movie. Knew she would love it, but not so sure about the 3D part. Well, she loved it all! She was clapping and saying, "yay!" and naming the animals...she kept her glasses on almost the entire movie. Didn't scare her in the least, and now she talks about watching the big TV and wearing glasses. She says, "I wear glasses and the tv come." I guess she really felt like it was coming at her! ;)

Saturday morning ME and I met Kristy and Miles and Sara, Addy, and Emma Vaughan at Chapel of the Cross for A Day in the Country. It's an outdoor event every year in Madison at the beginning of fall. They have music, food, crafts, and lots of fun activities for the kids. ME's favorite part was riding the heesies (horsies).


Miles and Addison at the petting zoo.

She loved loving on the animals!

Loving the horsie's hiney

Fuzzy bunny

Baby goat

Riding and saying "choo choo"


She was very brave and got right in the bouncy house with her friends! I love Addy's hair in this picture!



Brad stayed home to paint some furniture for Rhett's room. We got home just in time for lunch, nap, and the best part...the second half of the Hog game! Brad was supposed to wait on me to watch it, but he said I didn't want to see the first half anyway. We were down 35-17 at halftime, but came back to beat the Aggies 42-38! So I got to see all the good stuff anyway! Go Hogs! Wished we had been there for that one! Brad and I were planning on spending the weekend away in Dallas as our last little getaway before the baby comes. But I have been having a few contractions here and there, so Dr. Cole said no more travel. I probably need to stay home anyway...have lots to do! But I'm hoping to have Rhett's room ready after this week. We have the bed set up, and the bedding came last week. LOVE it! The curtains are hung, furniture is painted, and Brad is currently driving to Monroe to meet my brother halfway to get the dresser for his room. My mom is coming this week to help with the finishing touches and baby prep. So excited! Anyway...

After nap and helping Daddy paint, ME helped me make some German chocolate cake balls. Red velvet are still my favorite, but these are yummy and cute too with Halloween sprinkles!


She mostly ate the sprinkles!


Enjoying her "sweet treat"...notice the white paint on her belly ;)

Happy fall y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment