Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Funnies at 26 Months

A few specifics I want to remember about Mary Ella at this age:
  • She says, "I so fritty (pretty)" only about a million times a day. And "Yook (look) at me, I so fritty." I hope this is okay and normal.
  • "Good job, Mama" (when I do something she thinks is cool)
  • "Be careful, Mama" (think I have said this much?)
  • "Take a yook" (after she goes potty she runs out of the bathroom to tell me and wants me to come see what she did) Then she will announce "it's pee pee!" or "it's poo poo!"
  • "Potty train, choo choo!" She said this one day as she was listening to me talk to someone about potty training. I thought it was so cute!
  • "I wanna take a yook" (after I take her picture she wants to see it on the camera)
  • "Now, what to do? Let me see..."
  • "I love you too, Mama." She randomly comes up and says this. She has been SO loving lately. The hugs and kisses are free flowing.
  • She has come up with different kinds of kisses. She'll kiss you and say, "That's a sugar kiss!" There's also a "sucker kiss" and a "boom kiss." I have no idea where those came from.
  • The other day we had lunch with Daddy. We always pick him up outside his office, and when we drop him off he usually opens the back seat door and gives her a kiss. Well, he forgot to give her a kiss, and as soon as we drove off she said, "I wanna kiss Dada." I called him, we turned around, and he came back out to give her a kiss.
  • We also hosted a lunch/retreat for Brad's office at our house. When everyone arrived I brought Mary Ella downstairs to see them. As soon as she stepped down from the bottom step and realized people were here to see her, she threw her hands in the air and twirled around. It was quite an entrance! ;)
  • She roars loudly and says, "I sound like the Lion King!"
  • She looks for the moon when it gets dark, and one Wednesday night on our way home from church she watched it the whole way home. She kept saying, "Come on moon. Follow me! Come to my house." When we got home, she was so excited to find it in the sky at our house.
  • She can sing almost all of "Jesus Loves Me" by herself.
  • We are working on ABC's, counting to 20, and shapes. She can sing many letters in the song, she counts the "teens" and knows 20 comes after 19, and she knows circle, triangle, square, heart, and star.
  • She can bless "the food" and list a long line of family members she is thankful for in her prayers.
  • Cutting 2 year molars=not funny
  • She has a list of things that she needs to prolong bedtime: I need to poo potty, I need to read a book, I wanna sing, I need to blow my nose, I need a drink
  • She either eats really well or she doesn't. When she is excited about a food she says, "I'll eat it away!"
  • "It's sooo delicious!"
  • I may have said this before, but she calls a forward roll a "flip-flop." She said one day, "I wanna flip flop" and taught herself how to do it.
  • "I wanna do it." Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment