Monday, October 17, 2011

Frames

First of all, Julie, Cole, or Jenn don't look at this post unless you want to spoil a gift you will be receiving for an upcoming occasion...
So, I have had the best time being creative lately! (Well not really creative, mostly a copycat of things I have seen that others thought of first, but anyway...) My grandpa has recently gotten back into woodworking, and after seeing some picture frames he made for his house I thought, "hmmm...maybe he could make some for me and I could decorate them for Christmas gifts." Another spoiler alert! I also thought they would make cute baby gifts, so I made the ones above for the Johnston girls. I kept asking Brandi if they had chosen names, but they couldn't decide. So I quit bugging her about it and just bought a gift certificate to monogram some burp cloths I gave her, and decided to go with J's on the frames. Then, the day before the shower she tells me they decided on Mclain and Madeline! I told her I would put the names on them anyway, but she evidently is not a monogram freak like I am. I think I counted Rhett's name 7 times in his room. Ha! Anyway, so far I have done 7, and yes 5 of them are for my kids, but I felt like I needed some practice before making some to give away.


These are for Mary Ella's big girl room. I think the pink one started out as a gift, but I got a little carried away with making it looked distressed, so I decided not to give it way.

This one may be my favorite because I made it with the picture in mind.

The brooch on this one was my grandmother's. It's really pretty in person, and has a pink tint.

This was also going to be a gift, but I wasn't happy with the polka dots, so I stuck "Razorback Girl" on it, and decided to keep it for ME too. It's pink and red if you can't tell.

I made these for Rhett's nursery.

Love the way this one turned out! I was getting better by this one.

This one I copied from one in ME's room. Hers still has the price tag of $37 on it, so I'm convincing Brad that we're saving money. Ha! He actually wishes I would find a way to MAKE money off of them!

This one is for Gracie.

And this one is a wedding gift for Cole and Jenn.

I can't wait to try some new designs! Last week I found pretty ribbon on sale at HL and Michael's, so I need to get started on some Christmas gifts. Thanks Mia and Pa for getting these to me so fast! Pa is also making a playhouse for Mary Ella for Christmas! It's going to be so special!

No comments:

Post a Comment