Thursday, October 13, 2011

Mia's Visit

Mia came to the rescue this week. She came and either entertained Mary Ella while I worked, or worked with me. We got so much done! Rhett's room is almost ready! His clothes and toys are washed, and all the baby gear is in place! It's amazing how much more energy I had while she was here, and I know it's because she was doing the day-to-day ME stuff...lifting her in and out of the high chair, loading her in and out of the car, bathtime, bedtime, playtime, storytime, taking her to the potty a million times a day. Whew! No wonder I am tired at the end of the day! Right, Mia? I think this was the first time she was ready to get the heck out of town. Ha! I worked her booty off. Thanks, Mama! I know it was worth it for me to have so many things checked off the "to do" list. Don't worry, we made time to play too!

We made Halloween cupcakes.

Hosted a lunch for Brad's office

Yummy Fresh Market burgers with the fixings



We lunched and shopped.



She was afraid the birds were going to get her cookie at Corner Bakery.

We played at the park...where ME roared at a boy on the slide and made him cry!

How big does she look???



And made Halloween cookies when the cupcakes ran out. Can you tell I've been in a cooking mood lately? It could be because I'm preggo, but I think it's just the time of year. Who wants to cook alot in the hot summer? Not me! But as soon as I got the first fall Southern Living I have been going at it! Soups, a new chicken and rice casserole, chicken and dumplings, broccoli and white cheddar mac and cheese, and I made my very first gumbo...chicken and andouille...it wasn't too bad! Also have all the stuff to make pumpkin pecan sticky buns. Yum! Anyway...



She enjoyed the ghost and pumpkin cookie cutters.

Time to decorate!


Sprinkles!

Eating sprinkles!

And actually putting them on the cookie


Fun times! We also painted, colored, dressed up, and went to storytime at the library. It was a fun visit, and ME is going to miss dragging Mia around. It's hard to believe that the next time she comes will be for Rhett's arrival!

No comments:

Post a Comment