Sunday, October 23, 2011

Busy Weekend

We had a busy weekend! Saturday morning we joined Team SuperJack for the Walk to Cure Juvenile Diabetes. Well, I chose not to partake in the 3 mile walk, but we were there to show our support and love for Jack anyway! And, boy, is he brave! I have seen him take his shots and finger pricks like a champ! I always tell him that he is much braver than I am!

We didn't have time to eat breakfast at home, so we made a Chick-fil-A stop on the way.


Mary Ella actually took part in the walk (from Emma's wagon). Shelley grabbed her up, threw her in, and they took off. I'm glad I wasn't the poor soul pulling this wagon over 3 miles of gravel trails. But ME sure had a blast!

I don't really know that Jack knew what to think about all the attention on his big day, but I bet he'll be ready for it next year!

We love SuperJack!

After the walk we went home for lunch and the Ole Miss game. The first half wasn't pretty, and I was beginning to think Bobby might need a place to stay the night in Mississippi. He sure couldn't go back to Arkansas after losing to Houston Nutt, but I guess he straightened the boys out at halftime and we came out with the "W."

Sunday was friends and family day at church, so I made cupcakes and baked beans for the meal afterward. We didn't stay for the fellowship because we had family of our own coming to town. Jeff and Diana came to see us, and brought Rhett this beautiful handmade sweater from England! They are traveling the Natchez Trace from Natchez to Nashville and will hopefully stop back by on their way home. We took them to a yummy brunch at Char of course! And below is a video of ME calling the Hogs! Gotta love our Arkansas girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment