Saturday, October 8, 2011

Big Girl Bed

Last night in crib
9-9-11

Last morning

This day was bittersweet. We took Mary Ella's crib down and put Rhett's up all in the same day...and not because he is using hers. We just happened to put his together that very day, and we went to Arkansas the next day and took the crib back to the Marvins. We came home with Anna's full size bed (she got a new one). So when we got back I had 2 rooms to work on!

First night in big girl bed
9-19-11

How sweet is that? It looks like she is smiling in her sleep!

All made up and looking pretty

Some silly pics before bedtime...










She has done really well! She went down the very first night with no problems. We still do our usual bedtime routine, but read books in bed instead of her chair. We pile pillows around her, and I check and make sure they are still in place before I go to bed. She woke up in the middle of the night a couple nights in the beginning, but now I think she is sleeping better than ever. She wakes up a happy girl every morning, and I love going in and snuggling in her bed for a while. She did fall out one night, but when I got in there she was laying on one of the pillows. So, I'm hoping if she does fall it means the pillows have gone before her and will be there to cushion the fall. Naptime has been humorous. We haven't used the monitor since we moved in January. There was no need for it in the apartment because it was tiny, and we could hear everything. And we can hear her from our room in our house, so I've just been saving it for Rhett. But after a few incidents at naptime I decided to put it in there so I could see what the heck she was doing...once she took off her diaper and peed in her bed, she broke a picture frame in her bed and cut her finger, she came out buck naked after awhile and said, "I wake up." (She can open her door now and also interrupted my bath with "I wake up.") So, I set the monitor up and started watching. It only took a couple days of me going in and telling her to lay down...she knows I can see her now...and it is all good. I'm hoping she will still think I can see her when I move it to Rhett's room. So...we have gotten rid of paci, potty trained, and moved to a big girl bed all in a matter of a few months (all things I wanted to accomplish before Rhett's arrival). It seems like LOTS of change for such a little girl, but she has truly proved to be a BIG girl and has handled everything so well! I am so proud of her! One thing that did make me sad that I will never forget: as Brad and I were moving her crib out of her room, she followed us through the house, out the front door, and to the car saying "My bed! My bed!" Poor baby! I think she got over it quickly though...just refer to the crazy pictures above. ;)

1 comment:

  1. She is so cute! Love that ponytail!

    I can post now! :)

    ReplyDelete