Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Cantina Laredo and TOMS



Today Mary Ella and I had lunch with Daddy at Cantina Laredo. It is one of my favorite Mexican restaurants, so it was a real treat. Especially since we weren't pressed for time and really got to enjoy it. Brad had budget meetings all day with the director at the LR hospital, and since we have only visited him at his office in NLR, he wanted us to come up and meet everyone he works with there too. He let ME run around for a little while, and of course everyone "ooh"ed and "ahh"ed over her.



And finally, I caved and bought a pair of TOMS with the rest of my bday money. I say caved because I don't usually go for trendy items for myself. I would like to think I have a classic and timeless sense of style, but the truth is it's probably just boring. Sometimes I just don't like the new stuff, and sometimes I think I'm not cool enough to pull it off. And sometimes I just refuse to wear something I would look stupid in just because everyone else is...skinny jeans for example. Anyway, I heard about the creator of TOMS a looong time ago, (for every pair of shoes he sells, he gives a pair to a child in need) but I guess it takes things a looong time to get to Arkansas because I have just noticed them recently. The first time I saw a pair I thought they were the ugliest, most homely things I had ever seen, and of course I thought "I would never wear those." But they've been growing on me. Especially since I saw so many cute college girls wearing red ones to Razorback games. So I thought I'd just go try a pair on...and then I saw the sparkly ones! I hope my kid got a sparkly pair too!

1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures of you and ME together! I love her little shirt! You will enjoy your TOMS! Oh, I wanted to say that Drew has pooped in the tub before too, except I'm afraid, I did scream and totally freak out!! :)

    ReplyDelete