Friday, September 4, 2015

Meet the Teacher

Rhett will be going to Mother's Morning Out one day a week this year.  Last night was his first turn to have a Meet the Teacher night.  Thankfully, we already know and love our teacher.  She is the mom of one of ME's friends, and she was an assistant teacher when ME was there.  There was a wreck on the interstate and we were a few minutes late, so when we got to the classroom most of the kids were already there and playing.  Mrs. Sandy said, "Ok, boys and girls come over and pick a shape on the carpet to sit on."  Rhett went right over and sat on a red shape.  I was so proud of him (I was afraid he might fuss about not getting to play, but he didn't)!  Maybe there is hope...but the fit came later...

Rhett and Mrs. Sandy...After our parent meeting, I was the first mama back in the classroom to pick up.  Most of the kids were playing loudly in the floor with toys, but I was surprised to see Rhett sitting at the table working a puzzle.  When he looked up and saw me he said, "Nooooooo..." and started crying.  Fit city.  I told him it was ok, he had time to finish his puzzle.  Um, yeah, I think he's going to like preschool and be just fine without me.  Will probably want to go more than one day a week, but I'm being stingy with them.  I did sign up to sub if they needed me, so he might get an extra day here or there.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment