Thursday, March 1, 2012

I don't want to do it

Bathtime is interesting around here. I bathe Rhett and Mary Ella together because it is easier...sort of. I bathe both of them, and then get Rhett out and put his lotion and diaper on while ME continues to play in the tub. I do this on her bed, so I can still hear her and then I leave him there to kick and play (he likes to look at her chandelier) while I get her out and do lotion and pajamas and dry her hair. Sometimes we make it through without tears, but sometimes he gets upset before I finish with her. Tonight as I was putting lotion on ME, Rhett started to fuss. And this is when I usually get short with her and try to hurry things along. But tonight I resisted that urge and tried to be positive instead. Our conversation picks up here with handy helpers (a Mickey Mouse reference). That's what I call her when she helps me with Rhett.

Rhett fussing in the background.

Me: You're my handy helper aren't you? You throw diapers away, get Mommy burp cloths. You get Rhett toys and his paci. You shake his car seat and help in the car when he's crying. You're such a good big sister. Do you know that?

Mary Ella: I don't want to do it.

Me: You don't want to do what?

Mary Ella: I don't want to do it.

Me: You don't want to be a big sister?

Mary Ella: Nope

1 comment:

  1. Precious!! We're fighting that same issue! You're sweet babies are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete