Wednesday, March 7, 2012

4 Months

I'm 4 months old!



Your eyebrows can tell a story.


And your eyes can smile!

Rhett,
You are a big roly poly boy! It's sad to admit that you are totally out of the baby stage. I just put all of your baby clothes away. But we're having so much fun with you now! I cannot say enough how you are the sweetest, easiest, happiest baby ever. I could just squeeze you and eat you up. I love to pat your fat booty and kiss your sweet cheeks. Can you tell Mommy is smitten? We love you so much Rhett! Here's what you've been up to:
  • You weigh 17 lbs 11 oz (92nd percentile) and are 26 1/4 in (90th percentile) long. I know because we just had your 4 month check-up yesterday. When Dr. Smith commented on your size I was about to promise him we didn't over-feed you, but he said you were just a big boy. Your weight matches your length. He also referred to you as a fat, white boy. Not outright, but when I was telling him that I really thought you could roll over if you wanted to he said that fat white boys are usually about a month behind. So, pretty much that's what you are. Ha! You really screamed again when you got your shots. And sister was really trying to pump you up. Before we went I was explaining to her that you were going to see Dr. Smith, but not because you were sick. It was just a check-up. She came over to you and said, "It's okay baby Rhett. Don't worry. Dr. Smith is a good doctor." She loves you so much!
  • You are wearing 6-9 month clothes and maybe need to move up to size 3 diaper?
  • YOU SLEEP ALL NIGHT IN YOUR CRIB! WOO HOO! Thank you, thank you, thank you for transitioning so well. It was torture when we moved Mary Ella to her room, but you did beautifully from the first night. This morning you slept until 7!
  • You are also a crazy, good napper. I remember standing over your sister and patting and rubbing forever to make sure she was asleep! But we lay you down and you are out! The only time you haven't taken 2 good naps a day recently was when you had a stuffy nose.
  • Since you've been sleeping longer, you dropped another bottle. So, Dr. Smith said we could go up to 7 or 8 ounces. Right now we are trying four 7 oz bottles a day, and it seems to be working. He said we could wait until 6 months to start food. That's what we did with ME, and it worked well.
  • You are liking to play around at the end of your bottle sometimes. I think you just like the control of being able to take it in and out of your mouth. I think you could hold it yourself if I let you. As big as you are, it would appear that you are a piggy. And when you're hungry you're hungry, but it's not like you want to eat all of the time. When you're done you're done. And we've seen the projectile vomit to prove not to push it. Ha!
  • You are talking like crazy, man! To yourself, to your sister, to me. I love it!
  • You are loving to be propped up, so you can sit and play with your toys. You can even reach your hands above your head when you're seated to reach for a toy.
  • You are grabbing and reaching for everything. You were even trying to play with the light switches the other day when you were on my bathroom counter while I put on my makeup.
  • Your favorite toys are your Sophie giraffe and Little Einstein music player that lights up. You also still enjoy playing with the toys above you on your play mat.
  • You do a great job of holding your head up and can sit in the Bumbo for a while without getting tired. We also pulled out the exersaucer, and you think you are hot stuff in that thing. You just need a little support, so I wedge you in with a towel and you grab whatever you can reach. Anytime you are standing up or sitting up looking around, you seem so proud of yourself.
  • You can grab and get to your mouth almost anything within reach. I'm going to have to watch you so carefully with all of ME's little toys.
  • You cannot take your eyes off of your sister most of the time. It's like you are in awe of her. I love that she is already entertaining you.
  • You can hold your head at 90 degrees during tummy time, but you don't love it. No rolling over yet.
  • You have recently started biting your lower lip and blowing to make a funny sound.
  • I can't tell what color your hair is going to be. Sometimes it looks brown, but it looks very red in the sun. Dr. Smith also said he thinks your eyes may be getting ready to change. You may look nothing like when you were first born!
  • You have the cutest laugh and squeal just like your sister. Daddy says sometimes he can't tell who is who if he's not in the room. Yeah, y'all make a bunch of noise!
  • You love to play rough. You laugh and smile when we spin and swing you around and up and down and bounce and jump...all that kind of stuff.
  • You also like for me to blow on your tummy and tickle you.
  • You are so content whether we are home or out and about. I'm so thankful for this!
11-4-11
12-4-11
1-4-12
2-4-12
3-4-12

1 comment: