Friday, March 2, 2012

17 Weeks

17 Weeks Old


I realized after I re-read my post from last night that I must sound like a terrible mother. Leaving a 2 year old child unattended in the bath tub and a 4 month old infant unattended on a full size bed. Both are big time no no's, but you've got to do what you've got to do. Especially when Daddy's not around to lend a helping hand. He was out of town Wednesday to Friday in DC. Ugh! So glad he is back home safe and sound with us tonight!

I would never put this little dumpling in harm's way, so if I thought he was anywhere close to rolling over I wouldn't even take my hand off of him on the changing table to take a picture, much less leave him on a big bed by himself. But he's not...not even close. We practice, and he is strong enough. I barely have to pull at all to roll him from back to tummy. He's just not interested or maybe he's lazy or maybe he's just content with where he is. Especially from tummy to back. He holds his head up like a champ until he gets tired and then instead of doing something about it (rolling over) he gets mad and cries and kicks face down until you roll the dough boy back over. He's in more danger of getting injured by his sister than he is of rolling off of a bed. Twice this week she made him cry (a kick in the head and a building block to the mouth), and then she cried waaaay more than he did about it. I think she digs the big sister thing more than even she knows! ;)




How cute is he?

It's March, so bring on the bunnies and Easter decor! And I seriously think spring may be here to stay. It has been sooo warm. We have been going on walks and playing outside. Love it! This day we met the Carters for Chick-fil-A and playground time, and not only the kids, but also the grown-ups were sweating.

And speaking of bunnies, we found this one hopping on our back porch one morning this week. I thought it was the fluffiest wild bunny I had ever seen! Mary Ella saw it when she woke up, and then it hopped away. Later in the day, I saw it back on the porch hiding behind the grill. As soon as Brad got home, I ran off to the gym, but I guess it was still back there and he caught it! ME and I were so excited about our new pet until we found a note in our mailbox about a missing black bunny. Shoot! We had to return it to our neighbor. I should have known it wasn't wild...especially if Brad was quick enough to catch it. Ha!




A little bunny love before we said goodbye

Look at this big guy!

And this pic is for Aunt Nancy. ME is wearing a precious outfit made by her (and singing "I'm a little teapot"). I'm thinking we're down to only a few more wears of our winter clothes, so I'm trying to pick out my favorites before we put it all away. Hope this sends a smile your way, Nancy. We love you and are praying for y'all constantly!

Any prayers on behalf of Brad's cousin, David, would be appreciated. He was recently diagnosed with a very rare and aggressive cancer and is undergoing equally aggressive doses of chemo and treatments. Leonard and Nancy rushed to Colorado to be by his side, and I know they are feeling the power of those prayers. Let's keep it up!

ME has been back on a block kick recently.

I have seen her build up to 16 high. This one was an easy creation. She usually mixes up her shapes. ;)

This face looks innocent enough, right? If you look closely you will see why she looks so proud of herself, and it's not because of the tower she built.


She got into Mommy's make-up that I left on the couch for 2.5 seconds while I went into Rhett's room to give him his paci. She walked in and said, "Look Mommy. Isn't it beautiful?" Strangely enough she went for the eye liner and a little touch base for eyes. Atleast she got it all in the right place (and didn't poke her eyes out). And she wasn't at all sneaky about it. She could go hide and get into it any time in the bathroom. She has never done anything like that. Jinx! I was more impressed than upset. I just told her to NEVER do that again, and then I took a picture. Another jinx, I'm sure! We'll see!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you aren't a bad mom! Miles plays in the bathtub while I either shower, clean my bathroom, or play on my phone! He talks so much, that I can hear him the whole time and know he's fine! We'll have to get Mary Ella and Miles together for a play date soon before the baby comes!

    ReplyDelete