Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Brady's Shower

This past weekend I got away all by MYSELF and went to Texas for my best friend's baby shower. It was a quick trip. I left Saturday morning and came back Sunday night, but I had so much fun! It is always a treat getting to spend time with Michelle, and it's fun visiting with Steven too. We ate out at Zapata's Friday night and stayed up late catching up. Sunday morning we went to church, and Cole and Jenn even came to see me. I am so thankful that I had the experience of growing up in Maud, and especially for the church there. It's where I became a Christian and where I realized that my faith in God was the most important part of my life and that it always needed to guide the choices that I made...choosing my friends, choosing a college, a career, a husband, parenting my children. Learning about Jesus and studying my Bible all began there. And I just sat and looked around that church and thanked God for the many spiritual leaders there that had guided me along the way...Tony Lewis, James Sutton, Kenneth Jordan, Jon Binkley, and a host of other Bible school teachers. I think one of the reasons Michelle and I are still so close is that we had that same experience growing up. We were even baptized on the same day together! It's the most important thing we have in common. And now we will share the bond of raising Christian boys just 4 months apart in age. Brady is one blessed baby! It was evident how loved Michelle and Steven are...they had a terrific shower! I wouldn't have missed it for the world! But boy was I glad to get back home to my babies...missed them so much!
Neelie, Michelle, and me
We used to be known as the three musketeers.
Randon and Brady
Neelie is expecting a boy too! It's crazy how many of my very close friends have had or are having boys right around Rhett's age.
One funny story about the weekend: Maud is a small town where everybody knows everybody and everybody knows everybody's business. Here is proof of that. As I drove into town Saturday, I saw that there were a few cars parked at the church fellowship hall. That is where the shower was taking place, so I thought I would stop in and see if there was anything I could do to help. I stuck my head in the door and saw a girl that I grew up in church with and Mickey Mouse decorations. They weren't decorating for the shower. It was a birthday party for her boys. Thankfully the guests hadn't arrived yet. I was a little embarrassed, but chatted for a second anyway and headed to Michelle's house. I told her what I had done, but even if I hadn't she would have found out in a few short hours. When she called her mom that afternoon to make plans for dinner, she was laughing and telling her about me busting up in the birthday party (or something like that). And Carol said she already knew that I had been there. I just had to laugh! Carol wasn't there when I was, and I don't even know if she went to the party, but her grandson did. And that's how things get around in a small town! I tell you, you can't get away with anything there! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Jessica, so neat that you are still so close to your Maud friends and that you all are having boys together! It is funny how I recognized most of the names you mentioned like Tony Lewis. My brother, Wes, was friends with Teddy, his brother. By the way, Rhett is just precious and I know you are just loving having a boy. Aren't they so special?!!

    ReplyDelete