Monday, February 13, 2012

14 Weeks


14 Weeks Old

Just an fyi for moms of big boys (and girls): Polo runs SMALL! This is a 9 month outfit! Another one of my favorite brands, Kissy Kissy, runs small too! Or maybe it's just my kids?!

I think this was one day after bathtime together. We love Mary Ella's princess big sister shirt from the Seabrooks!



We tried to do lots of fun Valentine things this week! This is ME making her Valentines for friends and cousins. Pinkalicious cards to be exact!

And proudly taking them to the mailbox!


Rhett making faces at Mommy.


I decided to get crafty and make a Valentine banner for the mantel in the kitchen.

I used some burlap that I already had and bought some pink and red felt fabric. I got the idea when I saw a Trick or Treat banner in a Pottery Barn catalog in the fall but never got around to making one until now.

This frame is cheesy I know, I think one of my kids gave it to me, but the picture in it is special. It is Brad and me on our very first Valentine's Day together 10 years ago at a Rascal Flatts concert in Fayetteville. It was really fun because the venue was small, and they were new and not a big deal yet, so we got to meet them afterwards for a photo op. I got him the tickets for V-day, and he got me a pair of gloves. Ha! The gloves were special too though because we were about to go skiing together for Spring Break, and I needed a pair of nice ski gloves to keep my hands warm. That ski trip would be our first and last because I tore my ACL and had to have surgery. I will never do that again! He is welcome to go back, but I will be sitting in a cabin by the fire sipping hot chocolate.

Wednesday after storytime we had lunch out on our own because Daddy was in a meeting. We went to Corner Bakery AGAIN! I love that place! And it was a nice mommy/daughter lunch because Rhett slept the whole time.


After lunch we went to Wal-Mart because I needed contacts, and I decided to get a few groceries because we were out of everything. And by a few I mean as many as I could stuff in and around a cart with 2 kids in it. I may or may not have emailed the above picture to Brad with a nice caption about THIS being the reason he needed to keep his end of the bargain and go the the grocery store! The good news is I only spent $90!

After Mary Ella got up from her nap that day, we finished her Valentines for the grandparents.


I just cut hearts out of a couple of her paintings, and then we added her handprints.


Thursday we invited the Carters over for lunch and play time.

They decorated and enjoyed heart-shaped Valentine cookies.


Yum!


And Friday's movie of the week was Winnie the Pooh Movie. Here she is telling me not to take her picture!



Rhett, you're supposed to be getting that head up during tummy time! But isn't he cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment