Friday, February 10, 2012

3 Months

I'm 3 months old!

There was no shortage of pictures to choose from this month. I had a hard time deleting any of them. Rhett is getting more and more animated with his facial expressions! His big eyes and funny grins crack me up! He was kicking and talking away as I was shooting. I just ordered a new lens for my camera, so I'm hoping to really do my own version of 3 month portraits. Soon, before he grows even more! We're not scheduled to have any more done with Jeanelle until 6 months, but if I can figure out how to use the manual settings on my camera I think we will lay off the professional photography after his newborn package is spent.












Rhett,

I cannot believe you have been here for 3 months (you have really been with us for a year now)! You are the sweetest boy, and I count my blessings every day that you are mine and such a happy, easy baby! I didn't think Mary Ella was high maintenance because she was a good baby too, but you are even more fuss free. Here's what you've been up to:
  • You weigh 15 1/2 pounds according to our scale at home. I wonder how long you are?
  • You wear a size 2 diaper, and you are basically in 6 month clothes. You were in newborn for a while, and then it's almost like you skipped 3 month you grew out of them so fast, and moved into 6 month.
  • Daddy calls you condor because of your wingspan. He says they have the largest wingspan of all birds.
  • You eat 6 oz. every 4-5 hours.
  • We recently changed your bedtime routine, and it has really paid off. You are sleeping through the night right at 3 months! I was keeping you up and staying up with you as late as possible to give you your night time bottle. Most nights you would fall asleep with us on the couch around 8 or 9, and I would wake you up to feed you and go to bed right when you did around 10 or 11. You were still getting up around the middle and early morning. Which was not bad, but it wasn't great either since you were up late too. Plus I decided I needed a little more mommy time at night, and it was silly trying to squeeze in the extra feeding when you were obviously ready to go to bed earlier. So, we upped your intake from 5 to 6 ounces in preparation for dropping a bottle or two and stretching out feeding. Now you get your last bottle between 8 and 9, and then go to bed for the night. The first few nights you got up at 1! But then it started working. You are now sleeping until 5! So, I can officially say it...you are sleeping through the night! A good 8+ hours in a row (with maybe a paci check or two)! Yay!!! You are on your way to being in your own bed. Thinking of trying it VERY soon.
  • You take atleast 2 good naps a day, usually 2 hours in the morning and 3 in the afternoon. Sometimes you will take an early morning nap or a late afternoon nap before bedtime too. You are a beautiful sleeper! We still swaddle you at night, but you sleep on your tummy in your crib during the day. I rock and sing to you before I put you down, but it's probably only because I need it. ;)
  • You are a mover and a shaker when you are awake. You have the strongest kicks and hit yourself in the face with your fists sometimes.
  • You like to look at and try to eat your hands.
  • You can grab, hold, and get toys to your mouth...some better than others. You also really like to wrestle with and eat a burp cloth.
  • You give me open mouth (eat my face) kisses on the cheek.
  • You like peekaboo and tickle games. You especially like for me to tickle you with my hair.
  • You grab your hair, my hair, and your sister's hair. I love, love, love when you get ahold of my hair or face and try to pull me down to you.
  • You still rub your hands on your sheet or blanket or me when you go to sleep.
  • You like to blow bubbles and have bubbles blown on you!
  • You love to watch the ceiling fan! You laughed for the first time at it and while we were watching Cinderella.
  • Just recently you started laughing at me, but I have to be extra silly.
  • Smiles are much easier to come by. You are so smiley when we talk and sing to you. You really like to chat with mommy on your changing table.
  • You have really found your voice and are making quite a few different sounds.
  • You travel so well...hardly ever make a peep in the car. Really you have been great anytime we get out: restaurants, shopping, playdates.
  • You love the singing at church.
  • You are noticing and watching your sister more all the time. You are also beginning to look at the pictures in books when we all read together. I need to make a point of reading books specifically to you with pictures for babies. At the moment you are listening to Fancy Nancy and Pinkalicious an awful lot!
  • Your hair is falling out, and it hurts my feelings really bad. Everyone said it would, but I didn't believe it. You leave hair all over your clothes and sheets. :(
  • You have gotten so big that your rolls are a problem to keep clean. Ha!
  • You are a snuggle bunny. I could just squeeze and eat you up!
  • Happy 3 months, baby boy!
11-4-11

12-4-11

1-4-12

2-4-12

No comments:

Post a Comment