Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Water Baby

Ready to go!


Today Mary Ella got a private swim lesson...only because she was the only one in class. ;) Her teacher said she would love to try her in the pool on her own. I happily agreed because it meant Mommy got a little break. ;) And she did wonderfully! She looked and waved at me maybe 3 times, but she was zoned in on her teacher. She loves Ms. Natalie! I am so thankful she takes directions well from others and is never afraid for me to leave her at Bible class or the gym nursery. Anyway, I think she is going to be a good student. She has learned so much in swim lessons and comes home talking about it. We have whole conversations about "the pool." I ask her what she does at swim lessons, and she will say, "duck, quack quack" (they ride and jump off of a duck). She says, "kick, kick, kick," "bubbles" (they blow bubbles), "wee" (the slide), "elbow, elbow, knee, knee" (this is how they climb out). And she has picked up on and loves to sing the songs from swim lessons. I was so proud watching her today. She is acting so big lately! I wish the pictures were better, but I was taking them through the observation glass.

Listening very carefully
Kicking




Natalie trying to talk her into jumping from a standing position.


She plopped down on her booty instead.



She can swim underwater the width of the pool.


She did stand and jump for her!




Getting ready to slide


Wee!


Kicking on her back


And after nap time today, we got back in the water! Can't get enough!


She was dancing. ;)






Sharing an ice cream sandwich with Mommy


I'd say summer has officially started!

No comments:

Post a Comment