Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Last Thursday, Mary Ella and I headed west to Hope to see my family. She was thrilled to see Mia, Super Uncle Cole, and Jenn. Friday we spent the day at Nanny and Pa's house. ME loved playing outside and riding the beat beat (beat beat= beep beep= gator)! Friday afternoon I left ME with Mia and went down to Shreveport to meet Brad and our friends, Bob and Rebecca, for some adult fun. It was nice to get away for a night and day! We stayed downtown, so we were able to just walk down to the river for the real reason we were there, Mudbug Madness, an annual crawfish festival. I like crawfish, but I'm not into peeling them, so I had my usual one that Brad peeled. Ha! I do enjoy the other cajun food they have to offer. Brad can eat boxes of them, and Bob and he did!

It's a very classy event.



We had a blast!


Saturday night when we got back to Hope we got the best surprise. Cole had proposed to Jenn...and she said yes! I am so excited about getting a new sister-in-law, and ME already loves her Aunt Jenn! It was a fun weekend full of good food and great company!

No comments:

Post a Comment