Sunday, May 1, 2011

Duck Duck Goose

We had a very outdoorsy weekend, and I loved it! Worked in the yard, grilled out, lit the tiki torches, enjoyed the hot tub, and as you can see, fed the baby geese. Last week Mary Ella and I went to the pond to check on them, and I only saw one. I was beginning to think they didn't make it through the terrible storms last week. But Friday night, 8 were back! And another suprise...4 new baby Mallards! They are so cute! We took some bread down to feed them, but I thought the parents would be too protective to let them get close...wrong!



Mary Ella loved it!

Getting very cozy with their new human friends





ME decided to eat some bread too.









The daddy goose did hiss at ME a few times when she got too close, but as long as we kept the bread coming they stayed around.

No comments:

Post a Comment