Thursday, May 19, 2011

Home Alone

Well, Mary Ella and I have survived three days of being home alone....almost. Brad comes home tonight from Muskogee. I have to say it hasn't been too bad. Between going to the gym, swim lessons, playing at the park, walking to the pond to feed the ducks, and eating whatever we wanted (and having the remote to myself), we have stayed pretty busy. And I haven't gotten freaked out once. I think we may have stayed ONE night in Little Rock by ourselves, and I ended up putting ME in bed with me and locking the bedroom door. I feel alot safer in Madison than I did there. We lived in a very nice neighborhood, but it was off of a busy road and one of the houses on our street had been broken into. Plus until now, every house we have lived in has had windows looking straight through the house. If I was by myself I would be scared to walk through and find someone looking in the windows...eek! And I am even more of a chicken now with ME. But you can't see into our living room from the front of our house here. I didn't realize that at first, and then wasn't sure if I liked it. But we took the window coverings off of the three doors behind the fireplace, so now there is plenty of light. Anyway, we did it! And will probably be doing it alot as Brad will have to travel more with this job. But we'll just turn on the alarm and sleep soundly...who doesn't sleep better with a big bed all to themselves? ;)

This little one is ready to see her Daddy! She has looked for him in bed in the mornings and listened for him in the afternoons. Just to make sure he realizes how much we missed him and appreciate him, we made Na Na's chocolate chip cheesecake to surprise him with when he gets home. Love you, Dada!

No comments:

Post a Comment