Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My Favorite Room

The other day when Ann Elise was in town, she stopped by to see our new house. She walked into Mary Ella's room and said, "I feel like I'm stepping into your blog." I realized I haven't posted anything about the house but her room, and I realize most of you will NEVER come to visit us unless you are on your way to the beach. So, I thought I would post some pictures of my favorite room in the house. It's the dining room! I know it's kind of weird because most people don't typically spend a lot of time in their formal dining rooms, and we don't either, but I loved the room before it ever had a piece of furniture in it. Ken Crusoe knows how to finish a house, and the moment I stepped in the front door the brick arches and hardwood floors and the dining room with its chocolate walls, white chair rail, tall ceiling, double sided-fire place, and stunning chandelier hanging from the white medallion on the ceiling caught my eye.
View from the foyer

Mimi and Daddy Law's dining room furniture has been beautiful in all of our homes, but especially in this one.
View from right arch of the kitchen

Aunt Nancy re-covered the seats of my chairs to match the drapes. Thank you so much!
View from left arch of kitchen.
View from foyer, looking through dining room, into kitchen
There's also a brick arch leading into the living room.

I ordered this vinyl monogram from etsy and put it on a mirror we already had.

Other side of the fireplace, view from keeping area of the kitchen

This is a new piece to our foyer. Nanny and Pa gave me their old dresser. I love that our house is a mix of new and old furniture, but I mostly treasure the antiques!
And the ONLY thing I would change about the dining room is that it doesn't have a corner for this corner piece that I LOVE in the dining room set. It did find a happy home at the top of the stairs...the only corner we had in our whole house! It is pretty up there, but I hate that it's hidden. I guess that is the downside to having wide, arched walkways.

1 comment:

  1. I love that mirror! I might have to steal that idea some day!!!

    ReplyDelete