Sunday, November 1, 2009

11 Weeks

11 Weeks Old

I think this picture is funny. It looks like she is wearing lipstick and has possibly gotten botox. Nice pouty lips!

Another busy week! I was still a little puny, so Brad stayed home and helped with Mary Ella early in the week. She never got sick, but did end up in the doctor's office twice in one week. What can I say, we are first time parents. On Monday after a feeding, she had some blood in her spit up. Yikes! We took her straight to the pediatrician (almost to the emergency room), and apparently that is fairly common. The doctor said it could be a number of things, but most likely it was from suctioning her nose with the bulb. Geez! I won't ever do that again! Now I know it's better to use saline drops for a stuffy nose. Then, on Wednesday I made another doctor's appointment because she hadn't, you know, GONE, in 5 days. While I was sick we had supplemented a little bit of formula because I was afraid she wasn't getting enough to eat (probably only 6 ounces all together). And then she wouldn't go, so I thought we had messed the poor girl all up. Anyway, the appointment was at 4:00 and at 2:00 she WENT! You know you have arrived as a stay at home mom when you get all excited about that. We took her to the doctor anyway, and again we hear that is fairly common. Okay, so what do we know? Then that night Brad was holding her and she went again, but he thought he would just wait until the next commercial break to change her diaper. Bad idea! By the time her took her it was running down her legs AND his legs and down the stairs and through the house. Ha!
After another trip to the doctor for another round of antibiotics for me, the week ended on a much better note. On Thursday Mary Ella and I drove up to Fayetteville and from there up to Branson on Friday for a girls' weekend. And it was the perfect weekend for the trip- the leaves were beautiful! Rita, Julie, Lindsay, Renee, Hannah, ME, and I stayed at Big Cedar Lodge and officially kicked off our holiday season with some Christmas shopping. We ate good and enjoyed some girl talk. The shopping wasn't as successful as I had hoped though. It's alot harder with a baby! Mary Ella travels well, but doesn't so much enjoy the stopping to shop. She was fine with the stroller as long as we were moving fast, but didn't care for the cramped shops. We'll work on it girl! You'll love it some day!
Snuggling with Pooh and waiting on Mommy to feel better


Headed to Branson




I stick my tongue out at all this time in the carseat!


Go Hogs! (I won't even comment on the Ole Miss game).

No comments:

Post a Comment