Sunday, November 15, 2009

14 Weeks

Fourteen Weeks Old


Mary Ella's favorite toys right now are her hands. She really is getting more interested in grabbing and playing with her toys, but she thinks her hands are really the coolest things. She looks at them, grasps them together, turns them all around, puts them in her mouth, and touches everything she can get them to.

This week was a busy one! Monday was our only day at home. On Tuesday Mia came to visit. We went out to lunch for her birthday, and Mary Ella and I took her to our favorite children's store Cupcakes and Caterpillars. She was ready to go home after Mia bought the tutu she wanted. Ha! The girl was a little grumpy this week because she was having trouble GOING again, but more about that later. Wednesday was Veteran's Day so Brad got to stay home with us. We all went out to eat for lunch and while she napped in the car, my mom and I ran into Hancock's to look at Christmas fabric. I really got into the Christmas spirit this week. I try to wait until after Thanksgiving to think about it, but I've got to get moving early to get everything done this year. We went home and while Mary Ella napped my mom and I got back out to do a little shopping before she had to go home (I love that she took 2 random days off during the week to come see us). And that night we took Mary Ella to a life group for the first time. She was wonderful! On Thursday it had been a week since Mary Ella had GONE, and we had been giving her juice for 3 days with no results. So I called the doctor, and the nurse said we better bring her in. I know it sounds like we take her to the doctor all the time, but you have to believe me when I say I am not a doctor person. I usually like to diagnose myself. I will only go when I am deathly ill, and I will only take Advil about once a month. But it is different with her. I never want her to hurt or be sick, and I don't know what the heck I'm doing. So, I'll leave the diagnosing up to the doctor. Besides, before she was the most regular girl with explosive bowels, so this problem was bothering me. Anyway, the doctor poked around on her, said to stop giving her the vitamins that we had started about the time the problem started (which I had already done), and to try a suppository if things didn't move soon. Yikes! So, that night we went out to eat with Brad's old boss that was in town and tried the juice one more time. No luck. Friday morning I had a hair appointment, and I took Mary Ella with me. I was a little worried how that would go, but she did great! When we got home Joe and Rita had gotten to our house for a weekend visit. When Mary Ella got up from her nap, Papa took her for a walk, and Gigi and I went to Holiday House. For those of you in Jackson, this is a mini-version of Mistletoe (oh, how I miss Mistletoe)! I got some great gifts (for Christmas and for Mary Ella). That night we cooked steaks, and Brad went to Walgreen's to get the dreaded suppositories. Now, earlier in the day Gigi had pulled out Mary Ella's first laugh. It was the cutest one syllable laugh that you have ever heard. And by that night she was putting in her first suppository (I just watched this time.) Ha! But thank goodness it did its job, and we went straight to the bathtub. Saturday was the battle of the grannies. Just kidding! My mom came back for the night with Cole's girlfriend, but Gigi and Mia are very good about sharing Mary Ella. They just don't share her with anyone else! Ha! My mom, Jennifer, and I went back to Holiday House, and I picked up a few things I wish I had bought the day before. Mary Ella refused to take a nap, so she went with us. I thought she would fall asleep on the way there- not so. I thought she would fall asleep in the stroller- no way. She was too busy watching all the people and looking at the pretty things. She rode in the stroller awhile, I held her and she took a teeny nap, but for the most part she did great. I guess she was feeling like a new woman! I sure do! If I can tackle Holiday House and getting my hair done with a baby, I feel like I can do anything! That night we had more taco soup and watched the Razorback game. On Sunday we all went to church and said goodbye to all the company. It was a great week!
Go Hogs! Beat Troy!
Mary Ella is more vocal than ever! She says "go" all the time, so I'm sure she means "Go Hogs!" Sounds in her vocabulary are: goo, gah, go, ooh, ah, oh, uh, eye, loo, la, mmm, coo, gurgle, wuh, whoa, and of course waa. She is starting to talk to herself too. She'll talk when she's on her playmat, and we can hear her sometimes in her bassinette when she wakes up. So cute! She also has the most dramatic yawns with sound effects. She coughs when she is hungry or wants your attention and squeals when she is excited or thinks something is funny. Like I said, she laughed for the first time this week at Gigi twice, and she tried to sing with Brad too. I love her sweet voice and hope she can sing like her daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment