Saturday, November 28, 2009

First Thanksgiving

My first Thanksgiving
This time last year was when Brad and I found out we were expecting Mary Ella. So much has changed this year- pretty much everything in our world but each other. But I have never been so thankful and so overflowing with blessings. I have everything I've ever wanted. Sometimes I just cry I'm so blessed. I have a wonderful husband that works hard everyday so I can stay home with my baby. I get to love on and play with the most precious little girl in the whole world every single day. She is everything I prayed for and more. I am thankful she is a happy and healthy girl, and so beautiful I wonder how she came from me. I had the easiest pregnancy and labor and delivery that I could have asked for. And although the move was tough, I love my new house and it has been such a blessing to be closer to family. Thank you God for Jesus and for blessing me more than I could ever deserve!

My little turkey



Thanksgiving at Gigi and Papa's

The Marvin Family


Mary Ella loved playing with her cousins Anna and Trey.



On Thursday we had Thanksgiving lunch in Springdale with Brad's family. So good! After that we usually travel to Hope to have Thanksgiving with my family, but we decided to have them come to us this year. On Saturday we hosted my mom, brother, and Jennifer in Little Rock. I cooked Nanny's chicken and dressing, peas and corn that Pa grew, Dana's sweet potato casserole, ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, and rolls. And I didn't even mess anything up! It was fun, but alot of work. I never could have done it without my mom to help direct me in the kitchen and watch Mary Ella.
We ate at Mimi and Daddy Law's dining room table and used their china and silver.

Me and my ham


The appetizers


The spread


The desserts

1 comment: