Monday, November 2, 2009

12 Weeks

12 Weeks Old

Peek-a-boo! One of many new things Mary Ella enjoys. Playing peek-a-boo takes her breath away. When I swish a blanket or burp cloth over her face she sucks her breath in, and when I take it away she smiles. So sweet! She is also really into hair, mine and hers. When she's on the changing table she loves for me to lean over and tickle her face with my hair. She sucks her breath in and smiles just like with peek-a-boo. She found her hair a couple weeks ago and loves to put her little hand in the back and rub her fingers in it. It may turn out to be a soothing act for her. Isn't a sleepy hair twirler the cutest thing? She also loves her hands and has discovered she has feet. She is wanting to sit up all the time like a big girl and will just stare at her hands and feet forever. She almost gets into a trance looking at them and moving them around. She grasps her hands in the middle of her body, and sucks on her fingers all the time. She is wanting to put everything in her mouth now! She is getting better at grasping for and grabbing toys, but I think it is mostly to get them in her mouth. It is funny because sometimes she will look at something that she wants and raise her head and open her mouth to try to get it before she will go for it with her hands. She is really enjoying her playmat and is becoming quite the self-entertainer. She was perfectly content for about 30 minutes on her own the other day just kicking, waving her arms, and looking at her toys overhead. She still is amazed by different sounds and is exploring different textures of toys and such. It seems like I am going on and on, but this does seem to be a benchmark week! I have always heard that 12 weeks or 12 pounds was the magic number for sleeping through the night, but I can't say we are quite there yet. It's getting better though! When we got back from Branson last week she slept from 10:30 to 6:00! That was only one time and she was exhausted, but she is going until 3:00- 5:00 most nights, and then she might sleep until time to get up.
We just love our girl more than ever this week! I know at this point you start referring to age by months, but I am going to try to keep up with my weekly posts too. I have gotten behind because I have been busy taking care of my little baby and my big baby, Brad. Please pray for him. He has been down in his back and is really tired of living with daily pain. Also, on Wednesday Mary Ella has an appointment at Children's Hospital with a nephrologist to check on the cyst on her kidney. Please pray that it won't even be there!
Can you tell we got alot of use out of our Trick-or-Treat bow?

All about Halloween

Boo!

1 comment:

  1. We have a friend in our class at church who has terrible back pain and has for years. He is supposed to be going to UAMS to see a new doctor for some kind of treatment. It has been horrible for him. I will be praying that Brad can get some relief some how and for Mary Ella's appointment! The story of her going to the bathroom all over Brad, cracked me up. Hannah did that at about the same age at a big class get-together. Everyone who was there still remembers it!

    ReplyDelete