Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween- Part 1

 Mary Ella and I made yummy trail mix for Halloween goodie bags.  A fond memory from Halloween when I was a child was making goodie bags with my Mimi to hand out on Halloween night.  We didn't live in a neighborhood, so we always went to my grandparent's house and trick-or-treated in their neighborhood.  Just handing out candy wasn't good enough for her.  She put it in a bag, tied it up, and made it cute. I miss her and my dad so much.  It's hard to believe they have been gone for 10 years this month.  When you bury your dad and lose your grandmother on the same day, October 31st, you pretty much want to skip Halloween after that.  Until I had my babies...and it's fun all over again!  Yes, life goes on.  And that is a hard, but beautiful thing!  So are all of those sweet memories mixed with making new ones!


This is how she felt about not getting to eat it ;)


 ME got to wear her Halloween costume to gymnastics for a photo op with her class.  Aren't they adorable?
Aubrey, ME, Briley, Jane Riley, and Avery (missing Tate)

 We also dressed up for preschool story time!  Rhett was napping so I left him home with Daddy.  I told ME the other day that I was ready for a girls' day with just her and me.  I told her that when Daddy is feeling better and can take care of Rhett, that we will go do something fun and have a girls' day.  Now, anytime I am alone with her she thinks we are having a girls' day! ;) 

"Oh no, my glass slipper!"

Listening to Miss Lizzie

Costume parade!

That was just a preview of the Halloween festivities.  Stay tuned for much more...

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea that bad day for you was Halloween Day. I'm so sorry. My Mom buried her Mom on Halloween Day...but it was also my mom's birthday. Ugh. You are so right about it being a beautiful thing. Both of them would be so proud and not one bit surprised by the mom you are!

    ReplyDelete